Girls Now Allowed To Join Boy Scouts

Girl scouts is a joke. We want to a meeting to look into Bibby joining and it's all about selling cookies. Most of the badges had to do with it and the higher you got the more it focused on business. We'd rather she join the firefighter or police junior programs over girl scouts.

YMMV of course but here that's all it is about.

I made a tongue-in-cheek argument at work that GS teaches girls how to be prostitutes or sell drugs, offering little to future women beyond how to sell something.

I think good sarcasm is blended well with reality.

I made a tongue-in-cheek argument at work that GS teaches girls how to be prostitutes or sell drugs, offering little to future women beyond how to sell something.

I think good sarcasm is blended well with reality.
Ok that was funny. I was a girl scout and earned every Junior badge they had (back in the stone ages). I had a lot of fun but it has changed so much. I wouldn't get involved with them now.

They've allowed girls in Scouts here for years now. I think there was some resistance at first but noone cares now. I think girls can do Girl Guides if they like, Brownies before that. I'm a bit confused on what there is because I'm not usually a girl.

Guess Girl Scouting wasn't enough.

Randall L. Stephenson and Michael Surbaugh have no frickin spine or brain,

Even GSUSA President Kathy Hopinkah Hannan opposes it.

This Country Has Officially Lost Its Mind

Side note (bias included): My daughter is in girl scouts and it's lame as shit. She wanted to go camping/shooting/fishing with other girls and found them sitting around doing bake sales. She wants to box, learn judo, shoot her 9mm, and dress up at the same time - I think you're going to run into A LOT less transgender bullshit and simply find girls who want to be more active.

Just to paint the picture of what I'm talking about here:
Photo one is her on a normal day going to school and shit because she's prissy - other two photos are her getting her gun on (Glock 9mm and a Colt Python)

Normally I'd take the Ben Shapiro route and remind people that it says Boy Scouts; I have a paternal bias here and I see my girl struggling to make friends who are like-minded. She can hang out with dad any day I'm up north on a visiting day (smh) but the key here is she wants to make friends who enjoy the same type of stuff. Imagine how difficult it is to convince her mother in a different part of the country (up north) to take her fishing or shooting especially in a liberal ass place close to NYC. It would be just as hard if not impossible to find like-minded girls for her. I genuinely can see the scouts being a good thing for my daughter, who would under no circumstance hurt/disrupt their reputation or op-tempo.

Attachments

• Angelina.jpg
    Angelina.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Angelina9mm.jpg
    Angelina9mm.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 24
  • Angelina357.jpg
    Angelina357.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Side note (bias included): My daughter is in girl scouts and it's lame as shit. She wanted to go camping/shooting/fishing with other girls and found them sitting around doing bake sales. She wants to box, learn judo, shoot her 9mm, and dress up at the same time - I think you're going to run into A LOT less transgender bullshit and simply find girls who want to be more active.

Just to paint the picture of what I'm talking about here:
Photo one is her on a normal day going to school and shit because she's prissy - other two photos are her getting her gun on (Glock 9mm and a Colt Python)

Normally I'd take the Ben Shapiro route and remind people that it says Boy Scouts; I have a paternal bias here and I see my girl struggling to make friends who are like-minded. She can hang out with dad any day I'm up north on a visiting day (smh) but the key here is she wants to make friends who enjoy the same type of stuff. Imagine how difficult it is to convince her mother in a different part of the country (up north) to take her fishing or shooting especially in a liberal ass place close to NYC. It would be just as hard if not impossible to find like-minded girls for her. I genuinely can see the scouts being a good thing for my daughter, who would under no circumstance hurt/disrupt their reputation or op-tempo.

That's exactly why the midget isn't part of Girl Scouts.

The only reference point we have for "how good girl scouts is" is her friends mom.

Who's a professional beautician by trade but doesn't work as one..

Who looks like a southern grade spackle-makeup whore.

Who runs a daycare out of their house as sole employment (husband has the "real" job).

Excellent example, and although she got all the way through their version of Eagle, she couldn't effectively articulate what specific skills related to adulthood it had provided her, when asked.

Me? I use Scout-shit damn near every day, and have in every professional position I have been in since high school... and I only made it to 1st Class for a combined shitstorm known as "RP's Life as a Young Adult" (2 jobs, leading the Troop, caretaking Alzheimers/Dementia stricken grandmother, etc). You could pretty much give me any individual task that you have as an adult, and I learned something directly or indirectly applicable through my Scouting experience.

The midget loves Jeeping. Loves shooting. Loves being outdoors with Daddy and learning new stuff. She has her own flint and steel. She also loves pink, ponies, and cats.... so she's just a well rounded little girl. I didn't see anything in GS like.. oh, say, actually useful skills like orienteering, pioneering, first aid, ANYTHING remotely weapons+skill related like archery/shotgun/rifle, survival (One of the more fun badges I earned, personally. Part of why I wanted SERE as a reup school I never got) and let's be honest, a gaggle (Troop) of kids putting together a 3 story tower out of telephone poles, wholly constructed through thought and muscle, is fucking awesome.

Never seen a Girl Scout pack/troop/whatever do anything actually physically impressive like that. People were drawn to our car wash fundraiser (we didn't do the popcorn bullshit, we provided services for donations, keep your hooker jokes out of this) because you could see it over the nearby buildings with the US flag on top, troop flag below, and our patrol flags at the corners of the platform on top.

Why not just call it the "Scouts of America" and let in whoever wants to join? Why exclude more than 50% of the population from a dying organization that spends its time teaching valuable skills and life lessons. Never mind the fact that many troops are basically led and maintained by women(mothers), who organize and volunteer their time, money and effort to keep a troop strong.

Back