Glock 43X and Glock 48

Hitting the shelves the day before the SHOT Show floor opens. Great timing.

I’m looking forward to handling them at the show. I like some of the changes, but that two-tone look is ghastly.

Agreed, hopefully they release them in all black in the future. I like the idea of a single stack G19.

Hmmmmm, like the 10+1 capacity of the 43x, the two tone is not for me though.

Have the G43 w/ Pearce mag extensions making for a 7+1 EDC. So, I don’t feel compelled to go out and grab the 43X; however, it’s slightly irritating that I purchased Glocks first single stack...

...Awwww heck, who am I kidding, another damn purchase is on the horizon...if they offer an all black option that is.

When I bought my first handgun I tried a bunch of popular options. The G43 was A bit too small for me on the draw I felt like the grip was just way too short. Maybe the 43X or 48 will be my next gun. Although I just RMR’d my 19.}:-)

@policemedic Is the 43 your duty BUG, EDC (off duty) BUG or both?

@policemedic I ask because I’m considering just carrying my G17 in a Galco vertical shoulder holster, I wear dress jackets a lot. So, a shoulder rig is very comfortable and despite the 43 being a really great EDC, exclusively caring a waist carry weapon has its limitations and annoyances. Using the restroom is a hassle because the weapon needs to be removed from the waistband and potentially drawing while seated and stationary in a vehicle is also not a great scenario with a waist carry. Have you heard similar concerns from others?

No one I work with uses a 43 as a primary handgun. It's not what it's designed for, in my view. Sure, Glock will market it to the EDC crowd because they want to sell pistols. But it's not a fighting pistol. Most of us at work use it as a BUG on/off-duty, and as a primary handgun in very limited/specific circumstances.

Shoulder holsters are comfy and convenient (especially in vehicles), but they come with a price tag--you're stuck wearing the jacket unless you're in a very permissive environment. For that reason and others, I carry either appendix or IWB at about 3:30. I'll use a tuckable holster/mag pouch if I need to wear a tucked shirt/suit and anticipate taking the jacket off if I don't want to ID myself with a badge next to the gun. Appendix works very well in a vehicle; I'd say it's faster than a shoulder rig.

No one I work with uses a 43 as a primary handgun. It's not what it's designed for, in my view. Sure, Glock will market it to the EDC crowd because they want to sell pistols. But it's not a fighting pistol. Most of us at work use it as a BUG on/off-duty, and as a primary handgun in very limited/specific circumstances.

Shoulder holsters are comfy and convenient (especially in vehicles), but they come with a price tag--you're stuck wearing the jacket unless you're in a very permissive environment. For that reason and others, I carry either appendix or IWB at about 3:30. I'll use a tuckable holster/mag pouch if I need to wear a tucked shirt/suit and anticipate taking the jacket off if I don't want to ID myself with a badge next to the gun. Appendix works very well in a vehicle; I'd say it's faster than a shoulder rig.

I’m able to anticipate my being in permissible environments, so shoulder rigs have worked. However, I feel the same way about the 43, it’s a BUG. I’ve never carried anything concealed larger than a Colt Defender, too heavy for my liking though. For these reasons I’m intrigued about a full sized IWB carry, what is your IWB weapon? I like my G17 but it seems like a lot of pistol for IWB.

I’m trying to avoid more holsters being added to the holster dustbin. So, thanks again for your input.

Nine times out of ten, I carry a Glock 17 with a light or a 1911 Government Model with a light, each with two extra magazines. For example, I was in DC and Virginia yesterday, and DC has a ten round magazine limit so I wore the 1911. Ditto if I'm in NYC. I'll be in Vegas in a few weeks; no magazine limits but airline travel so it'll be a Glock. Around my town it depends on my fancy.

I used to wear my H&K HK45 a lot, but that was my duty gun at the time. We're now an all-Glock department, so the G17 wins.

Nine times out of ten, I carry a Glock 17 with a light or a 1911 Government Model with a light, each with two extra magazines. For example, I was in DC and Virginia yesterday, and DC has a ten round magazine limit so I wore the 1911. Ditto if I'm in NYC. I'll be in Vegas in a few weeks; no magazine limits but airline travel so it'll be a Glock. Around my town it depends on my fancy.

I used to wear my H&K HK45 a lot, but that was my duty gun at the time. We're now an all-Glock department, so the G17 wins.

Okay, thanks, and again the input is much appreciated. So now the IWB holster Easter egg hunt begins for me.

Played with a friends 43X, I really like it...feels good, shoots good. GT Dist offers a black slide cerakote version...blue label $399. I am resisting the purchase, since I have a 43 and love it.....but the evil demons are tempting me...damn you demons of Hell!!

so yeah, will be buying one pretty soon.....

Just how big is your current armory????

Not very, I end up flipping guns I don't use to fund other projects....currently just at;

Pistols: 4 (Glock 19 x2, Glock 43, SW Airweight .38)
Shotguns: 2 (Remington 870, Benelli Entry)
Rifles: 3 (LWRC M6, Colt 9mm, Modern Outfitters .300)

I don't hunt anymore and have passed on those types of firearms to daughter and family.

Not very, I end up flipping guns I don't use to fund other projects....currently just at;

Pistols: 4 (Glock 19 x2, Glock 43, SW Airweight .38)
Shotguns: 2 (Remington 870, Benelli Entry)
Rifles: 3 (LWRC M6, Colt 9mm, Modern Outfitters .300)

I don't hunt anymore and have passed on those types of firearms to daughter and family.

I LOVE LWRCs, built on MD’s Eastern Shore!

Back