Going to SFAS

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted up on my progress cause the internet has been down at my house for a while. But now it's back, so here we go. I only have about 3 weeks left before going to SFAS. I'm starting to get really excited and I feel much stronger and faster than I did 2 months ago. I'm not going to lie, I'm struggling a little with the pull-ups because i find myself kicking myself up to get number 6 but I'm working hard on it. My unit has gotten off of my back since i showed them the flight itinerary last week, and they actually understand that I'm going now. I heard about that documentary "2 weeks in hell" on the discovery channel, and I'm so gonna be glued to my tv this sunday. I just can't find myself not talking about SFAS or SF with anyone. I'm SO looking forward to going and giving it my all.

Well sorry if I've just been rambling on and on. I'm just really excited and this is something that I've been longing for for a very long time. Thank you all for your time and support and I'll give you all a heads up right before I take off and definitely when i return with the results.

...I'm struggling a little with the pull-ups because i find myself kicking myself up to get number 6...

You are 3 weeks out from reporting to SFAS and you are having trouble with 6 chin-ups. You have got to be fucking joking...

...but I'm working hard on it...

Hard huh... If you were working hard on it you would be well over where you are...

I am sick and tired of guys just trying to fucking squeeze by the standard... Its a fucking good thing I am not working at SFAS...

Yes, I am an asshole.

I'm not going to lie, I'm struggling a little with the pull-ups because i find myself kicking myself up to get number 6 but I'm working hard on it. My unit has gotten off of my back since i showed them the flight itinerary last week, and they actually understand that I'm going now.
Man that is no good, I am 2 and a half months out of OSUT and I can 12 with no trouble at all. I am not sure what the requirement is but 6 is probably the absolute minimum and you can't even get that out. Not to get you down or anything, but you should do as many weighted pullups as humanly possible in the next week or so maybe you will get to 8 or 10 with some luck.

DB

Man that is no good, I am 2 and a half months out of OSUT and I can 12 with no trouble at all. I am not sure what the requirement is but 6 is probably the absolute minimum and you can't even get that out. Not to get you down or anything, but you should do as many weighted pullups as humanly possible in the next week or so maybe you will get to 8 or 10 with some luck.

DB

While you may well be right, I would caution you against critiquing others who are in the same "not been to SFAS yet" boat as you.

DeepBlack18X said:
...I am 2 and a half months out of OSUT...

DeepBlack18X from him Intro said:
...I am smarter now ... ...I'll be sure to stay in my lane.

DB: You have been counseled previously about not giving out advice until you have done a bit more than sign an 18X contract...

Not a great start here...

Crip

Roger...I figured since his issue was one on the pt side I could inform him on what helped my pull ups. I will behave from now on.

DB

I was told by an 18x rep in USAREC it was right around 22%. I was also told by the same rep that many drop the option before OSUT is out (something like 24%) due to the shock factor of the reality that lies ahead or they simply don't qual physically. I got these numbers back when I was first talking with a recruiter back in August so there mitt be other info around by now.

DB

A friend I went to school with just passed selection. Any of the instructors please PM me as I would LOVE to make his stay at Bragg a warm and welcome one ;)

EDIT; By school I mean RANGER school. Not high school. Just for the clarity.

what percentage of these 18x kiddies actually make it through SFAS and later Q course?

Dont' know, but quite a few are getting out and going National Guard. My NG SF company has quite a few who ETSed and my team has one.

Back