Going to SFAS

Figured I didn't need my own thread for this, but I'm headed to OSUT this Monday, and upon completion hopping on a bus to Bragg for SFPC1 and Selection... Sometime this fall I'd imagine. I'd say wish me luck, but that's such a small part of it... so wish me health? Haha. I'll be sure to post up my BCT experiences to note the difference between now and '03 when I went last time (Benning again, hooray?). I look forward to the challenge, and possibly even meeting some of you all in my travels. Till then, take care and thanks for this awesome forum~

Figured I didn't need my own thread for this, but I'm headed to OSUT this Monday, and upon completion hopping on a bus to Bragg for SFPC1 and Selection... Sometime this fall I'd imagine. I'd say wish me luck, but that's such a small part of it... so wish me health? Haha. I'll be sure to post up my BCT experiences to note the difference between now and '03 when I went last time (Benning again, hooray?). I look forward to the challenge, and possibly even meeting some of you all in my travels. Till then, take care and thanks for this awesome forum~

You'll need that luck too mate!

Good luck and Good Health!

actually the Molle is now used in SFAS and boy does it suck for the candidates if not installed properly...especially on the "sandman"...lol

actually the Molle is now used in SFAS and boy does it suck for the candidates if not installed properly...especially on the "sandman"...lol

That sucks big ole monkey balls. I think that the Molle is prolly the biggest POS the army has come out with in a long time.

That sucks big ole monkey balls. I think that the Molle is prolly the biggest POS the army has come out with in a long time.

x2. After my squad was issued them, they just took up space in the bottom of our lockers.

After much research I have decided SF is the way I want to go. Dropping into enemy territory to help local Resistance fighters win their freedom sounds like exactly what I want to do.

My first thing on my checklist is to buy the "GET SELECTED!" book as listed on the forum. Then I'm going to get me one of those Molle packs, go out into the wilderness (properly prepared of course), and navigate my way through it. And of course, more and more PT.

I have spoken to my local recruiter, who thinks I'm insane but has no problems getting me that 18x contract. I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great information you have here, it has been invaluable in making my decision, and getting me prepared. Finally, I was hoping a Current or Retired SF Veteran would be willing to be my Mentor, and help getting me prepared for SFAS and (hopefully with some luck and alot of hard work) SFCQ.

A little less on the uber gay bravado will help as well, i can give you some advice, pm me after you have searched extensively.

Back