Good “Fictional” SOF books.

Diamondback 2/2

Infantry
Verified Military
SSMP
Military Mentor
I know we have some good book lists in here regarding leadership, strategies, gut checks and all kinds of other good stuff. I wanted to start one on the “fictional” side of the house (i.e. good SOF/MIL related stories, the action/thriller types). I don’t read near as much as I did, but I would like to start reading more.

Anyway, I just finished “All the Necessary Force” about Pike Logan, a seasoned SMU team leader, who recently left a SOF TF to run a front business, to support SOF TF operations. The story plays out to be a really good mixture of SMU and covert operations that are taking place throughout the world, to keep Americans safe from the next big terror attack.

Damn good read IMO

http://www.amazon.com/All-Necessary-Force-Pike-Logan/dp/0525952624

Brad Thor's series on Scot Harvath are great reads. First book in the series is Lions of Lucerne.
Also, Andrew Peterson's First to Kill and Forced to Kill.
The main characters in these novels are ex-SOF who still work with the government.

The Harvath series is great. Brad Thor knows his shit.

Ive read about 5 of the books.

Unfortuantely Scot Harvath is a former SEAL - don't hold it against him.

It's CIA not SOF, but the Vince Flynn books are very enjoyable reads, IMHO.

McNab's Nick Stone books are good, if you don't read too many too quickly. Then they become a bit of the same same.

uhhhh... if you are looking for something more along the lines of modern-day SOF books in the style of Brad Taylor, Thor, or Dalton then Ender's Game and Starship Troopers are not for you - I've read both and although great sci-fi. You won't find what you are looking for in them.

I've been waiting for the without remorse movie.

Uncertain fate by Graham Brammer, it's about an SASR recon/ambush patrol in South Viet Nam. Graham Brammer served two operational tours with 2 Squadron SASR in Vietnam and was awarded the Order of Australia (military division) in 1990.

Brad Thor's series on Scot Harvath are great reads. First book in the series is Lions of Lucerne.
Also, Andrew Peterson's First to Kill and Forced to Kill.
The main characters in these novels are ex-SOF who still work with the government.

Just finished Full Black by Brad Thor, another damn good read...

Back