Greetings!

collins33

Unverified
First off, I want to thank all you guys out there that have came together and started this community. Thanks for taking the time to put all of the information out here so guys like myself can get a little taste of what is to come and not feel 100% clueless. With that being said, I will make my introduction.
My name is Cody. I grew up in Arkansas in a militarily oriented family(army brat). My dad served in the Army reserves and many years later went active as a 31E and served a tour in Iraq. This afforded me the opportunity to travel around the world.I can't begin to tell you gents how proud I was of my old man. My whole life I've known that I wanted to serve my country in some shape or form. My wife has been a 68W for the past 9 years.(She is 6 years older than me) and she is getting out to pursue a degree in medicine. (She just graduated last week with an associates degree) I feel like it is time to switch roles and I want to join the Army and go SF.
My research has led me here to this site and as corny as this may sound, I truly believe that this is where I belong. I have been a lurker for quite a while and finally worked up the nerve to make an account. This seems like an amazing community to be a part of and I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Thank you. This may sound stupid but making an account and the first post gave me an adrenaline rush of sorts. I feel like I made my first baby step in the right direction.

Welcome to SS. Best of luck to you, and your wife, on your chosen paths. Much will be asked of both you, and your wife, over the months and years ahead.

Back