Guns in Church???

So, we have “real world” comparisons to what happens when an armed civilian is on scene to respond to such a situation vs what happens when the only armed person there is the BG, which reflects the data that exists perfectly. It’s not rocket science folks, but some sure make it seem that way…

Good post Will

Interesting commentary.

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/...cks_why_churches_should_not_be_gun_free_zones

I think I liked this part best.

I think if Jesus were placed in a similar situation as the New Life Church security guard, he would whip out his Glock and double tap the center mass of any wannabe killer who was attempting to put a bullet in one of his defenseless disciples.

I know that doesn’t fit with your bearded lady, soft focused, Precious Moments figurine version of Jesus that you’ve been worshipping for the last twenty years, but it does square with the Christ of my Bible. (By the way: I read The Redneck Common Sense, Good People Live, Bad People Die version of the Bible. It’s printed in Texas, and you can get a copy at www.You’dBetterWakeTheHellUp.com).

Gypsy,

Thanks darlin, I needed that ;)

Steve

BTW- I am in the infancy of creating a 'covert' security team for our church now. I need to know if anyone has any motorola walkie talkies with earbuds, and cuff mics for sale. I need three.

Edit: Used and cheap, preferred...

Edit: THE RADIOS that is ;)

a better bet in this day and age, at least if you want to keep some semblance of modern reality would be simply using cellphones on vibrate with bluetooth headsets. Put your buddies on speed dial, and you wouldn't look so out of place as compared to being johnny high-speed with headsets and molle gear and crap... lol

people don't think anything of cell headsets, where earbuds and cuff mics scream security. If you have a hardon for an earpiece, get one that is both mic/earpiece without a boom.

a better bet in this day and age, at least if you want to keep some semblance of modern reality would be simply using cellphones on vibrate with bluetooth headsets. Put your buddies on speed dial, and you wouldn't look so out of place as compared to being johnny high-speed with headsets and molle gear and crap... lol

people don't think anything of cell headsets, where earbuds and cuff mics scream security. If you have a hardon for an earpiece, get one that is both mic/earpiece without a boom.
Genius.

I had a minister approach me today and ask about concealed weapons permits for members of his church to protect his congregation. Damn straight. Get some preacher.

I had a minister approach me today and ask about concealed weapons permits for members of his church to protect his congregation. Damn straight. Get some preacher.

Heck, I would rather protect a church then actually attend it...:)

Heck, I would rather protect a church then actually attend it...:)

Yeah, me too. I dont know this guy. He just approached me in a restaurant to ask about this. I was in a church for a funeral awhile back. But other than that, no way.

Great thread.

Some points to make.

Remember that Churches are not only targets for the crazy lone shooter but also terror groups. Do not post too much info here.

I would suggest that if you're forming security teams, make them overt, not covert. The more overt the better, Bad guys, no matter the reason for attacking will always go to an easier target. You want them to know YOUR Church means business and that they best go somewhere else rather than have them attack YOUR Church and you stop it with a few casualties. Let them go somewhere that is easier for them.

Regarding civvie carry in Church, if it's legal, you have a license etc. carry as you would anywhere else. Simple.
If a member of the congregation requests that you not carry, it's exactly that, a request. I'm certain he'll get over it if you don't oblige.

Have a safe and Merry Christmas all.

Hoepoe

Back