Hate for ACU?

Velcro sucks ass IMO, zips arent too bad, you do have to use them quietly though.

Boots...

and lovin those Merrills (COS) footwear...another part of lookin cool but more importantly, they're more comfortable than any issue boots.......imo......lol..:2c:....;)

and lovin those Merrills (COS) footwear...another part of lookin cool but more importantly, they're more comfortable than any issue boots.......imo......lol..:2c:....;)

Almost all my personal footwear and non standard duty footwear are Merrills, I find they fit my feet the best and are fucking comfy. :D My standard duty boots are not the normal standard. ;) They're light and fairly comfortable, good garrison boots for all seasons.

Rocky 8" Men's Portland Lace-to-Toe

2080.jpg

A way better option than ACUs plus they blend in well to most environments.......and they look cool;). For a while i was trying to figure out what the tabs in the pockets are for. Figured out you can adjust the height of the knee pads..

Whats with the gloves? :uhh:

Almost all my personal footwear and non standard duty footwear are Merrills, I find they fit my feet the best and are fucking comfy. :D My standard duty boots are not the normal standard. ;) They're light and fairly comfortable, good garrison boots for all seasons.

Rocky 8" Men's Portland Lace-to-Toe

I wear these in Canada... And I have a nice pair of Lowa's for overseas.
As for the Gloves.... Mechanix are just really decent gloves. Alot of dudes wear them. All of the ones I have seen, have writing and bright colors all over them.

Attachments

• 83BT03_0.jpg
    83BT03_0.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 109
Whats with the gloves? :uhh:

Throughout an school i found out that mechanix gloves are one of the best shooting gloves FOR ME. I had problems with grip and feel with other gloves. On the flat range when transitioning from primary to secondary my draw was faster and i was on target without any slippage.<<<is that a word...lol... For me i can feel the slack being taking out as i presented. Plus they are like only 24 dollars. Before leaving the States I tried to find the all black ones but couldnt find them. If i was in the woods sneaking and peaking i wouldnt wear them.

Compair this (MARPAT)
2004680792517915286_rs.jpg

To ACU
2004622012913472905_rs.jpg

Which blends in better? Which makes less noise? (Marpat still uses buttons)

Throughout an school i found out that mechanix gloves are one of the best shooting gloves FOR ME. I had problems with grip and feel with other gloves. On the flat range when transitioning from primary to secondary my draw was faster and i was on target without any slippage.<<<is that a word...lol... For me i can feel the slack being taking out as i presented. Plus they are like only 24 dollars. Before leaving the States I tried to find the all black ones but couldnt find them. If i was in the woods sneaking and peaking i wouldnt wear them.

Roger that, I might check some out for myself, cheers.

Compair this (MARPAT)

Which blends in better? Which makes less noise? (Marpat still uses buttons)

I think the desert MARPAT is the best desert cam out there at the moment. :2c:

You guys really need to give the velcro=noise subject a rest. This subject has been beaten to death here.

Crip

I thought I seen it still breathing, just making sure ;)

Operation in a jungle environment were noise discipline is second to none and hearing velco break that discipline time and time again I think it's an important issue.
Admittedly one that isn't going to change while there are bureaucrats issuing the gear, ah well...

I wear these in Canada... And I have a nice pair of Lowa's for overseas.
As for the Gloves.... Mechanix are just really decent gloves. Alot of dudes wear them. All of the ones I have seen, have writing and bright colors all over them.

I've heard the Blackhawks are really good boots. When I was sent out to the local supplier to try on different boots, they weren't available. I tried on a pair of Magnum Stealth's at the time as well but they didn't feel like they would give me enough support for ankle roll and it felt like my foot was always sliding forward in the boot. The Rocky's give me a comfortable, solid fit and for use in garrison or mild field use they are great.

I think the desert MARPAT is the best desert cam out there at the moment. :2c:

It is an excellent desert cam but I think it might be on par with our desert CADPAT, not better. ;) lol

Well, you guys all look fabulous in the tan beret...:D

The tan beret always looks good and gives you that little extra something that helps you stand taller and straighter no matter what uniform you wear.

...Operation in a jungle environment were noise discipline is second to none and hearing velco break that discipline time and time again I think it's an important issue...

I am in the jungle where I am and my mod'd BDUs have velcro on the arm pockets. If I am worried about the noise I should probably have my finger on the trigger instead of in a pocket...

Crip

Night routine is the main time it will be an issue, and in really close country you have no idea what is 6ft in front of you. Pers must be absolutely silent the entire time you are tactical from the moment you are dropped off to the moment you reembark.

I don't know how you guys operate so you might have more leeway than our way, do you guys still patrol with transistor radios? :D

Back