Hate for ACU?

I don't even find it comfortable. A medium is too tight around my shoulders, but a large has too much material around the bottom that is annoying under body armor. Its designed for the army's beloved long distance runner body. Just look at the press release pictures someone posted. My neck is a little thick to close the throat cover flap thing.

What do you guys think about the pants? They're designed for the generals apparently since they are supposed to be worn up to your navel. This is why i think the crotches rip out, guys where them down where they are comfortable, and then the inseam is down further, exposing it to extra strain when you take a knee or climb up something, etc.

What do you guys think about the pants? They're designed for the generals apparently since they are supposed to be worn up to your navel. This is why i think the crotches rip out, guys where them down where they are comfortable, and then the inseam is down further, exposing it to extra strain when you take a knee or climb up something, etc.

I agree 100%. and if you get a size shorter, i.e. get regular when you need long, then the crotch is a little more snug than i'd like, and it's coming out of your boots if you tuck them.

Not kidding, the fucking grey and tan is a light shade of pink. Fucking bullshit!

oh fucking hell, I saw those today. no shit. it really is pink. I thought he washed it with a red shirt or some shit!!! "no, these are brand new... why you ask??"

LOL :D

yep, issued sucked had to go to a different type. Had the same issue with some brand of brown... never bought that brand again and can't remember it.. think it had to do with the blend.

Plain old cotton for me, or underarmor/leps...

I have two good (Infantry) friends, who have spent a lot of time in BAMC burn unit. That would strongly disagree with you on this one.:2c:

I'm former infantry that works in the BAMC burn unit, and I am constantly calling my buddies and reminding them to wear their nomex and eye-pro. Unless you've seen the damage without it, you have no idea how much that couple of millimeters matters.

Do the new T-shirts make anyone else stink? I mean really f'n stink?

Yep. I no longer wear them...

I purchased the Xgo FR shirts and I love them. They run a bit small so I would order the next size larger if you are anywhere close to filling out an issue shirt.

Crip

I've noticed a rustent "hype" for that multicam thing. Even GROM suddenly bought a cheap ripoff. Is that camo worth all the attention it's been getting ?
I mean I do have a pic of a door-kicker in Iraq with that camo on him (not going to post it here of course) so gues they are using it.

Yes they smell something awful. I bought the Tan T-shirts from 5.11 Tactical. They are great, breathe well, stayed tucked in, and don't stick.... plus they last longer too.

I don't think the shirts make people stink......:uhh:;)

But I have thrown out all the Underarmour t-shirts I wore over there. They were great at the time, but, yeah, they tended to retain smells. Now that I'm an office whore :doh: I can't really make a judgement.

One problem with the Underarmor shirts and those like them is they will burn into your flesh in the event of a fire. They may be comfortable but if you roll up on an IED it will get nasty if you survive the initial explosion.

One problem with the Underarmor shirts and those like them is they will burn into your flesh in the event of a fire. They may be comfortable but if you roll up on an IED it will get nasty if you survive the initial explosion.

On that note, you guys should check out
http://www.massif.com/index.php
They make some good stuff. I don't work for them or anything, I just hate seeing guys with nasty burns that may have been prevented.

Back