Hell and Back - Special Ops Ranger

No, I'm not mad at you. I'm mad about this situation with RASP. I recently heard from another current member of the 75th who agreed with what I wrote in that article and says that they are not happy with some of the changes happening right now.

1.) Did he indicate what is pushing the "changes?"

2.) Besides a shitty selection and assessment program, are there other changes (I am afraid to ask)?

RIP's cirriculum may not have been on par with RASP's, but at least there was a "culling of the herd."

Maybe some good will come out of the documentary... because of all the criticism, maybe Regiment will tighten its shot group and strive to enhance training, standards, and the view of Rangers in the public eye. I'm sure there has to be senior leadership in the command (USASOC, USSOCOM) that share some of these feelings we all have expressed...

1.) Did he indicate what is pushing the "changes?"

2.) Besides a shitty selection and assessment program, are there other changes (I am afraid to ask)?

RIP's cirriculum may not have been on par with RASP's, but at least there was a "culling of the herd."
He didn't elaborate. I've heard about some organizational changes happening behind the scenes, but those sound like they are good changes rather than bad.

Lee, I hope so but judging from the 75th yanking their facebook page it seems like they are drawing in their turtle head and going dark. Of course that means nothing really, there could be and I'm sure there are great things happening in the Regiment but the piss poor PR keeps rolling. Does anybody know of the Discovery Channel Special is re-airing or has that disappeared as well? I'd support them yanking that shit off the air. We are all embarrassed enough as it is.

One thing that should be considered:

Comparing RFS rates from one period to another, regardless of RIP or RASP, is not necessarily a good comparison. For anyone who has been in Regiment, we have seen the tied come, go, and come again as far as how easy the CoC makes it to RFS someone. One year its as easy as a SL saying "he needs to go" and then the next year it requires UCMJ, a full counseling packet, a change of platoon or company for the Ranger in question, etc.

Back