Hello Shadow Spear Members

Steve

Unverified
Thank you for the welcoming me. My name is Steve, and although I'm not affiliated with the armed forces directly, I'm an American citizen who is proud of our service men and women. Congratulations on the success of Operation Neptune's Spear -- you've earned it well.

Welcome, WTF is Operation Neptune's Spear?

LOL, you're messing with me, aren't you...

The media first reported th mission as Operation Geronimo, but later a military official stated the actual operation name was Neptune('s) Spear, (AKA Operation Abbottabad)

Thanks for the welcome.

Thank you all for the Welcomes. I hadn't realized how extensive this site is, and even though I'm not in the Miliary, I'm finding a lot of useful and interesting information.

I'm curious, as a new user, what are the number of civilians vs. military members on the board? Are most here for the community interaction vs. the information itself?

Are there any contractors out there who fly UAVs? If so, I'd very much like to speak with you and ask questions. I may have an opportunity coming up that perhaps several of you may be able to answer question about.

Considering my first intro post was pretty generic, I'll elaborate a bit more about who I am. I currently work as a freelance software engineer, mostly developing applications for use over the web. I also collect domain names for some extra income. I have a private pilot's license and am a huge aviation fanatic. I like martial arts and have spent 3 years practicing American Kenpo Karate. I love riding motorcycles and used to own one before getting hit by a truck. I own a Jack Russell Terrier named Eddie. That sums it up in a nut shell.

Last but not least, what's the best way to shout out a great big "Thank You" to the special forces? Sure, "Quiet Professional" is a great way of serving your country, but you'd better be prepared to put up with the fanfare whether you like it or not. I have a web site setup for the purpose of thanking ALL those involved, but I won't be advertising it here even though there's no monetary gain.

Anyway, I'd like to share my photo taken with Bin Laden. It was taken on Halloween night 2001. I hope you all get a kick out of it.

SuckItOsama.jpg

;)

Back