Hi, All

Longtucky

Unverified
Hello,

I signed up for this site in order to absorb as much as I can so that I might be successful in my quest to go from the street to Special Forces in the Army National Guard. There are several reasons why I desire to go this route, but chief among them are my feelings of unfulfillment and dissatisfaction at my current job. I believe this is due to the fact I nearly enlisted 5 years ago as a 35M in order to reach my ultimate career goal of getting involved in the US intelligence community.

I am a 27 year old college graduate with a degree in political science with an emphasis in international relations. I am currently a director at a n0n-profit youth soccer club in Colorado. I have chosen to pursue a REP-63 contract with the Colorado National Guard and will be sitting down with the recruiter on Monday. My short term goal is to get back into tip-top shape by utilizing the THOR 3 14 week fitness regimen from the SORB website. My long term goal is to make it through SOPC, SFAS and SFQC. It is a long road, but I'm willing to do the work now so that I may be successful.

In addition to pursuing a REP-63, I am also shifting my career focus and I am in the testing process for an LEO position at several agencies in Colorado.

I do not plan to post much, only absorb as much information as possible and ask questions when they come up. I would very much like to eventually join a mentor group.

Thanks for reading.

Thank you for the welcomes.

As an update, I went back to see my recruiter to get the ball rolling on a REP-63 contract. We went through a questionnaire and I do have some marijuana use from back in high school and freshman year of college (right around 8 times, this was nine years ago). He advised me to lie at MEPS and say I only used it twice because anything over that would require more paperwork and the possibility of being DQed for getting a security clearance and contract. This does not sit well with me at all. I have sent an e-mail to him saying that I'd rather be DQed at MEPS for telling the truth than have a lie hanging over me for my entire military career.

LOL.

You may want to start a new thread on this. The welcome area is pretty much reserved for just that, welcomes.

Looking forward to the dialog after you do!

Thread started in the SF area of the US Army Special Operations forum. I already plan to tell the truth, but, IMO, if you proclaim to be the recruiter for 19th group you should operate a bit more honorably.

Back