• High Church

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Slingshot

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got this modified High Slingshot grip because both of the other two have drawbacks(pun intended) right handed shooter, invert left hand, grip slide as in slingshot, lock and load. Advantage is the opposing pressure between right and left hand keeps right hand web space out of the way of the slide.

you guys are all stupid...i just raise my hand and someone comes and reloads my pistol for me...air force :cool:
Ha! :p

I use the highchurch pending what pistol I'm shooting...I can typically slam a mag in my Glocks and the slide goes into battery.

Never heard it called a highchurch :confused:

Never heard it called a highchurch :confused:

Me neither but thats what I do. I learned that way with the 1911 and it feels right and natural, and for me to change now to some other fuckin method would just slow me down.

I didn't know there were names for this. I'm going to toss them around the bar tonight to sound smart. That and "operator". Love that one.

I don't like to do anything that relies on my finger tips. Fine motor skills vs gross motor skills. I've got fat hands that hit the slide release and, consequently, usually have to rack and tap after reloading. If I don't have an accurate round count (which is never), I may not know if I've run dry or if I have a stoppage in the split second that brain realizes that there was no bang after pulling the trigger. My racking motion with my non-firing hand is the same for reloading as it is for clearing a stovepipe or other stoppage. I've had the "Berretta Bite" more than once, but speed and well-fitting gloves usually take care of that.

My palm is close to the slide and catches on the rear site. My hand wraps around. My fingers may or may not grip on the slide serrations. I call it the "aww shit".

I have no idea what you guy's are talking about....................reloading ? WTF is that ? :D

Never heard of the High Church before. I can see where for an auto-loader with a safety that it would work.

I too, use the glock method. With the proper insertion of a glock mag, the slide goes into battery. Never had a malfunction doing it.

When I do use my hand to rack the slide, its a "low church". Palm wrapped over the top of the slide gaining a good solid grip on it. Very gross motor skill.

Call it what ever you want, but the end of the day you better be getting your shit in to operation… Hint’s my first comment ;)

One better then the other, this faster then that, fine motor skill vs. gross muscle movement… blah-blah-blah, blah-blah….:uhh:

Train to do something, and then train to do it well…

I did some training once and I think I just tapped & racked…:rolleyes:

442.jpg

:cool: I just pull the trigger again.

Back