Horus Vision reticle thoughts

Clark

Verified Military
Just curious on everyone's thoughts on the Horus Vision reticle. Heard a lot of people saying they are too busy but I Def like them if you have data on the round and gun.

Heard a lot of people saying they are too busy but I Def like them if you have data on the round and gun.
There's a reason the last four or so sniper systems put out in SOCOM came with Horus reticles. I don't know who "a lot of people" are/is, but they must know something the best snipers in the world don't.

The "ever body" consist of people like my father 32 years retired CSM old 5th group guy other avid shooter's and bench rest shooters.

I my self love it just was curious on other take on here.

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
A pair of steering wheels for Formula 1. The first is last year's and the second from 2009.
Sauber-F1-Steering-Wheel.jpg

how-to-read-an-f1-steering-wheel-7154_3.jpg

Obviously you can go fast without all of that, but those are pretty "busy" and reticles are no different from steering wheels or Photoshop's complex interface. You have to pick your poison and take the time to learn it until it is second nature. Golfers and baseball players don't think about their swing in the middle of it. Airplane cockpits are very busy, but pilots learn to scan their instruments, not stare at the panel.

It's a reticle you can use to range a target, and get a range and wind hold without ever touching a knob or taking the gun off your shoulder. At this point in time, there's nothing better out there.

As for the complaint of it being to busy, you only look at what you need. It's no different than looking through a screen or wire fence- it doesn't obscure your view.

I agree 100% zero at 100 then and holds after no forgetting dial up or back faster follow up shots just wanted everyone's thoughts I have one on my 308 and 338 lapua and love them both

Had a great experience on using the Horus in my S&B on a Mk20. Outstanding clarity (optic quality) and while the reticle looks busy, it just takes time to become familiar and intuitive. Holds worked well in quick engagement at longer distance targets. While for absolute accuracy I will still dial in my turrets, the Horus hold vers proved its worth many times over.

I agree 100% zero at 100 then and holds after no forgetting dial up or back faster follow up shots just wanted everyone's thoughts I have one on my 308 and 338 lapua and love them both

Mod hat off.

PLEASE, use punctuation. Reading your posts is like reading James Joyce's Ulysses. And any weak excuses about posting from your phone are not going to fly, you used the percent symbol and switched to numerals, the least you can do is make your writing understandable. Yes, I am a grammar, punctuation, capitalization, usage and spelling policeman... using those tools is 1. a sign of attention to detail 2. a sign of respect for your readers 3. the only way you make sure the point you are making is made and understood and 4. a mark of professionalism. You have failed in these in the majority of your posts, it is getting old and I, personally, am about to put you on ignore - it doesn't matter if you know what you are talking about, your posts are unreadable as currently formatted.

BTW, I don't care if you get butthurt about this, I've hurt other's feelings before on this same subject and many others, as a member and as a Mod. This is a form of communication with, to and for others - make the information accessible, you are obscuring any point you are trying to make through sheer laziness.

edited as JAB suggested... although a slight typo did not make the post unreadable.

Last edited:
The H59 is pretty much the bomb, but from what I've seen from MARSOC and NSW is that the Tremor 2 pattern in the PSR is flawed simply because it uses the 4 mph wind dots which actually don't match to the 300 win mags so it's pretty much using swag on your wind holds(there is a way to get the mils between the dots but it's too much shit to remember), where as the H59 is finite and simple.

I agree that the Tremor reticles don't belong on the PSR. Fortunately for the gun, but unfortunately for us the PSR program has been scrapped. Still in my personal opinion the Tremor belongs on a gas gun if anything. The reticle is pretty much built for RET, so it belongs on a system that's built for rapid engagement.

I do like the fact that the Tremor has the .1 in .5 mil chevrons on the upper part of the y axis. It does seem busy at first, but with all things it just takes some getting used to.

Me personally I'm a straight up grid guy. I'll throw in with Sandman3 and say the H59 is my shit for both bolt and gas.

Back