Hurricane Matthew

I wish for once one of these goddam root weevils with a microphone standing out in the fucking rain and breeze pretending to be bracing themselves against a Force 10 gale when the trees are barely moving and all they can blab about is the coming armageddon that they think could possibly happen, would be sucked up into the stratosphere by a freak tornado never to be heard from again.

I'd say this summarizes how everyone feels about their "serious hard hitting coverage".

Hurricane Matthew made Landfall....McClellanville, SC, shortly after 1100. Winds 75, still moving 12 mph NE.

At 1400 its right over Myrtle Beach, Winds 75 still moving 12 mph NE.

New Models have it dog legging due east here soon and no longer show it heading back south!!!

:thumbsup:

It won't be a hurricane much longer. In fact, we aren't even under a tropical storm watch. We will most likely though get a nor'easter, which quite frankly, is probably worse for us due to an increase in rainfall.

Outside of Orlando "we" (given my location) only lost power for about 10 minutes. There's lots of flooding and damage on the coast around Jacksonville.

Everything along the I-95 corridor and east in NC, got hammered with rain and downed trees. Rain totals anywhere between 11 and 18 inches. More flooding expected. 600,000 + people are without power. Several Dams are being watched very closely throughout tonight and into tomorrow. I-95 is shut down as well.

Everything along the I-95 corridor and east in NC, got hammered with rain and downed trees. Rain totals anywhere between 11 and 18 inches. More flooding expected. 600,000 + people are without power. Several Dams are being watched very closely throughout tonight and into tomorrow. I-95 is shut down as well.

We got power back this morning. Spent most of yesterday clearing trees and closing roads (flooding and/or power lines). Not fun but minimal permanent damage.

Our street is flooded up to every house but ours. Selfishly, I'm okay with this. Haven't ventured beyond our neighborhood but we seem to be pretty trapped in due to streets being impassable because of high water. Screenshot_20161009-134523.png

Rivers are still rising in these parts, expect record levels.
I am glad I have a cooler full of ice and beer......cause power and water are sucking!
I hope everyone is ok, let me know if you need a chainsaw....:thumbsup:

Back