Intel Support 160th SOAR

HJW

Unverified
Good Evening Gents,

I just got the email that I have been accepted to PCS and go to Green PLT! Pretty excited. Curious if anyone here has been intel support (or any support) for 160th, just wanted to talk to someone about what life for them was like with 160th. Any help is appreciated, thank you all!

FYSA, 2LT 35D All Source Intelligence Analyst

Congratulations on your upcoming assignment. How does a 2LT land a job at SOAR? When I was in the unit, CPT was the lowest ranking intel officer in the Regiment.

Sir,

I haven't a clue. I guess I was just dumb enough to apply under-qualified. Not prior service, I do have a deployment already, not sure if that was taken into consideration already. Do you mind if I PM you a few RFIs/general questions?

Sir,

I haven't a clue. I guess I was just dumb enough to apply under-qualified. Not prior service, I do have a deployment already, not sure if that was taken into consideration already. Do you mind if I PM you a few RFIs/general questions?

You're welcome to. Just keep in mind my time in the 160th was back in 2006, I imagine things have changed in the last 10 years.

PT your butt off and start reading about capabilities of aircraft (yes there will be some differences when you get to the unit). Look up "air mission brief" and start reading up. Go over your notes from OBC about collection platforms and think about how you might apply them in the 160th.

Will you be assigned to the unit, or are you an augmentee / Quick Start-er?

FYI: I think it's a terrible idea to have lieutenants in SOF in general, and especially in a unit like the 160th, but since you're there, I'll do whatever I can to help you out.

Sir,

Understood. I will be assigned to the unit, I'm supposed to PCS in the spring once I've had an OER and picked up 1LT.

Back