Intermittant fasting....

Well? Did you decide to go this route?

LL

I did a modification, I have a calorie-restricted breakfast and lunch and no snacks throughout the day then a moderate dinner. So I think since I started I probably have lost about three or four pounds.

last week when I was on vacation at the beach I was eating like every 90 seconds so we'll see how that impacts it LOL.

I did a modification, I have a calorie-restricted breakfast and lunch and no snacks throughout the day then a moderate dinner. So I think since I started I probably have lost about three or four pounds.

last week when I was on vacation at the beach I was eating like every 90 seconds so we'll see how that impacts it LOL.
In other words, no IF, just a reduction in calories consumed. I bet any nutritionist would tell you that's a smart lifestyle change which will slowly get you what you want. Good for you!

LL

Yeah.. I think I had detailed it out already. Increased to 2500-3000 calories every day and managed to lose 50lbs so far. Hard to find a nutritionist that would agree with anything I'm doing, but luckily I'm not listening to their garbage.
Did you change the composition of the calories? Increase/decrease energy output? Reduce/increase stress? Lots of variables to consider.

Including every individual is different. ;-)

LL - NOT a nutritionist/dietician/doctor/certified any type of medical professional...

Did you change the composition of the calories? Increase/decrease energy output? Reduce/increase stress? Lots of variables to consider.

Including every individual is different. ;-)

LL - NOT a nutritionist/dietician/doctor/certified any type of medical professional...

Completely changed the composition. 80% from fat, 29% from protein. No real change in energy output and stress comes with my job.

Tons of variable that people should consider. I just think the idea of eating less and restricting calories is archaic. As you said.. Every individual is different.

One thing to consider is the biggest loser approach. It's exceptional for those people to maintain any weight loss in calorie restricted environment. Most of them can't maintain it. Your body finds a way.

Completely changed the composition. 80% from fat, 29% from protein. No real change in energy output and stress comes with my job.

Tons of variable that people should consider. I just think the idea of eating less and restricting calories is archaic. As you said.. Every individual is different.

One thing to consider is the biggest loser approach. It's exceptional for those people to maintain any weight loss in calorie restricted environment. Most of them can't maintain it. Your body finds a way.

The Biggest Loser restricts calories to a point, then adds back to a reasonable level. some people have a great deal of success with that, most don't, but those people would not have success regardless of what they did.

Calorie restriction it's still the gold standard to weight loss in the medical community for losing weight/fat.

Dipping my toe in the fasting game. Downloaded Zero to help track; trying to determine the best timeframe for the 8 hour grazing.

I like Zero. Find it easiest just to skip breakfast and and eat a late lunch. Of course the hardest part is not snacking after supper.

Dipping my toe in the fasting game. Downloaded Zero to help track; trying to determine the best timeframe for the 8 hour grazing.
…and then Covid hit and I ate my feelings. All of them.

I’ve been doing consistent daily 14-15 hour fasts (Saturday morning latte is my cheat). Only been going for a few weeks…obervations:

- I actually gained weight the first 2 weeks
- I’m not eating significantly more food, but know that I should be making better choices.
- At this point I’m typically not even all that hungry when I start eating.
- I’m not drinking nearly enough water…not even close.
- Finally getting back on the Peloton this week; hopefully that helps.

More to follow…hopefully solid results in a few months.

Last edited:
…and then Covid hit and I ate my feelings. All of them.

I’ve been doing consistent daily 14-15 hour fasts (Saturday morning latte is my cheat). Only been going for a few weeks…obervations:

- I actually gained weight the first 2 weeks
- I’m not eating significantly more food, but know that I should be making better choices.
- At this point I’m typically not even all that hungry when I start eating.
- I’m not drinking nearly enough water…not even close.
- Finally getting back on the Peloton this week; hopefully that helps.

More to follow…hopefully solid results in a few months.

Checkout MASF fasting supplements and fasting challenges. Right before my cancer diagnosis, about a couple months before, I used one of their supplements when I was fasting (Smashin' Greens™ Superfood Blend), lost about 12 pounds, did not feel hungry, and kept it off.

Back