Intro

LOL. I knew alot of you Rangers that would rather pick up their balls on the D.Z. rather than go to sick call.

F.M.
Well I assure you Doc....while in the military we pride ourselves on it.....once out, we / I am kicking my own ass for allowing to be brainwashed....no med paper trail....no compensation. If I have 1 single bit of advice to a trooper just beginning his career....if fluid is coming from your ears caused by the claymore that was setting in front of the tree, and you had your k-pot up against the back of the very same tree and you don't get that crap on paper....your not being Hooah, your being a dumbass!! Oh well, not the end of the world...and bare ass naked, I will survive LOL

Well I assure you Doc....while in the military we pride ourselves on it.....once out, we / I am kicking my own ass for allowing to be brainwashed....no med paper trail....no compensation. If I have 1 single bit of advice to a trooper just beginning his career....if fluid is coming from your ears caused by the claymore that was setting in front of the tree, and you had your k-pot up against the back of the very same tree and you don't get that crap on paper....your not being Hooah, your being a dumbass!! Oh well, not the end of the world...and bare ass naked, I will survive LOL

I hear you bro. Sounds like good advice. Anyway, welcome here brother falcon.

F.M.

hello and welcome. If you have an injury, or some illness, go to sick call, get it written down in your medical records. It really matters years from now. It's not like I wouldn't believe that an injury could have happened but if there isn't anything in writing, you don't get past me for an exam so you don't get compensation. An exception is a presumptive such diabetes mellitus from Agent Orange exposure. Or if you have knee problems and you've got jump badges. Hearing problems and your MOS was an aircraft mechanic. Medical records are checked, service records, awards, badges, MOS. There weren't always notes in the field treatment in Vietnam. One guy had nothing in his medical records for chest injury but he had a Purple Heart award. Set him up for an exam. Figured the doctor would notice the big scar on his chest and ask about residuals from chest trauma. PTSD rules to get an exam are more lenient now, looking to see if you were in a hostile area, did you fear for your life. Be sure if you aren't treated during service that you see someone within a year of leaving service. That also helps attribute the illness/injury to military service. Otherwise if it ain't in your medical records, it didn't happen for VA purposes. If you don't have current diagnosis, you also aren't getting an exam.

Anyway, thanks for your service and welcome to SS.

hello and welcome. If you have an injury, or some illness, go to sick call, get it written down in your medical records. It really matters years from now. It's not like I wouldn't believe that an injury could have happened but if there isn't anything in writing, you don't get past me for an exam so you don't get compensation. An exception is a presumptive such diabetes mellitus from Agent Orange exposure. Or if you have knee problems and you've got jump badges. Hearing problems and your MOS was an aircraft mechanic. Medical records are checked, service records, awards, badges, MOS. There weren't always notes in the field treatment in Vietnam. One guy had nothing in his medical records for chest injury but he had a Purple Heart award. Set him up for an exam. Figured the doctor would notice the big scar on his chest and ask about residuals from chest trauma. PTSD rules to get an exam are more lenient now, looking to see if you were in a hostile area, did you fear for your life. Be sure if you aren't treated during service that you see someone within a year of leaving service. That also helps attribute the illness/injury to military service. Otherwise if it ain't in your medical records, it didn't happen for VA purposes. If you don't have current diagnosis, you also aren't getting an exam.

Anyway, thanks for your service and welcome to SS.
I 2nd that! My initial point exactly. Not sure who you were responding to BFS Cat but I have just one rebuttal to the statement regarding presumptions...knee problems are not presumed regardless of MOS, duration on Jump status, number of breaks, nor sprains. No paper trail, no compensation. Maybe the VA around Bragg is slightly different, in their understand, I'm not sure. My experience is VA is established as a Department that initially begin with the mind-set of finding ways to deny, then deny the rebuttal, then conclude that although the paperwork presented has merit, it is insufficient to award. Thank goodness that although retired, well past the 1 year mark, my service time has kept me in great physical healthiness (minus chronic pains and limitations due to repetitive injuries) that VA's assistance was not relied upon nor a show-stopper in overcoming the lack of any support from them. Young troopers however, need to pay heed to those that have already walked the mile. You should not become a sickcall baby BUT, going to get an injury documented is not, nor should be, regarded as riding sickcall.

for joint problems, my point is it gets you to an exam, the exam is critical in helping determine chronic conditon and possible origination. A presumptive is a different criteria. Doesn't matter what your lifestyle was/is or genetic predisposition, if you were exposed to Agent Orange, diabetes is a presumptive, Parkinson's and several others. No continuity or prior condition required in service treatment records. I just try to get you through the first part of the process.

Won't get into anyone's personal feelings about the VA or experiences. I'm not doubting there are negative experiences. Certainly not a spokesperson. I will just say I work with a great bunch of people who are overwhelmed with work and try to do their best, everyday. My training lasted a year, of constant scrutiny, the concern being the benefit of the veteran.

I 2nd that! My initial point exactly. Not sure who you were responding to BFS Cat but I have just one rebuttal to the statement regarding presumptions...knee problems are not presumed regardless of MOS, duration on Jump status, number of breaks, nor sprains. No paper trail, no compensation. Maybe the VA around Bragg is slightly different, in their understand, I'm not sure. My experience is VA is established as a Department that initially begin with the mind-set of finding ways to deny, then deny the rebuttal, then conclude that although the paperwork presented has merit, it is insufficient to award. Thank goodness that although retired, well past the 1 year mark, my service time has kept me in great physical healthiness (minus chronic pains and limitations due to repetitive injuries) that VA's assistance was not relied upon nor a show-stopper in overcoming the lack of any support from them. Young troopers however, need to pay heed to those that have already walked the mile. You should not become a sickcall baby BUT, going to get an injury documented is not, nor should be, regarded as riding sickcall.
No doubt BFS they don't, nor that you all are way understaffed...expression was directed to the young warriors now putting on their chutes. Sorry must have misunderstood your statement to the mechanic reagrding: "An exception is a presumptive such diabetes mellitus from Agent Orange exposure. Or if you have knee problems and you've got jump badges. Hearing problems and your MOS was an aircraft mechanic." THought you were labling knee problems as one of those listed as presumptive. My fault....no doubt you all are doing your very best....and thanks for you efforts :)

Welcome aboard Ranger.
Thanks Marine!!! Can't help but read your signature, sorry for your loss....I was in Fallujah all of '05, and for both invasions....being Army I may joke but, those I worked along side during those times coming from TQ over to my ASP on the other side of the road were the best America had to offer....God Bless the Corps.

now to learn the appropriate social interactive skills needed on this site, so not step on peoples toes, nor make them confused LOL ... seems to be my immediate flaws at the moment. :)

Back