Intro

True-heart

Unverified
Hey. Im new to this site. I will soon be joining the US army to try for the 75th Rangers. I live in Los Angeles, California. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
SOF Support
Hey. Im new to this site. I will soon be joining the US army to try for the 75th Rangers. I live in Los Angeles, California. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Welcome.

I'll be up front with you, we've a run of 15/ 16 year olds, or some claiming to be, who... to be blunt were assholes.

So, not a ding on you, just be aware that the Under 18 Crowd is under a microscope right now. Search, search early, search often, read, read, read, and then decide to post. Maybe.

16? You're going to be a junior in high school this year? Piece of advice: unless you have some weight issues I wouldn't even worry about this Ranger stuff for another year....or anything military for that matter. But, if your heart is dead-set on being Ranger-rific, then learn to work out intelligently to avoid injuries later. DO NOT EVEN THINK about carrying a ruck right now and don't even bother to ask.

Again, welcome aboard. Be a kid, it's your only time to be one.

SkrewzLoose

Something Clever
Verified Military
@freefalling…I am actually going to be a senior this year and will be 17 in five months.
I don't think his advice was based on a specific age/year of HS. It's a very blanket like piece of advice that's given quite often here.
My work here is done.