Spooky

I'd imagine there is some pretty interesting opportunities with SOF Support / Regiment
If you make it past MEPS and into basic and AIT, start thinking about making rank at two pay grades above yours. An E-3 can be waived at 18 months to E-4. Start thinking about being that E-4 at E-2 and doing everything it takes to be above average. That's what they are looking for. If you are not at 18 months and not told why despite being ahead of your peers, start asking why and having it annotated on monthly counseling sessions after month 18.

If you make it past MEPS and into basic and AIT, start thinking about making rank at two pay grades above yours. An E-3 can be waived at 18 months to E-4. Start thinking about being that E-4 at E-2 and doing everything it takes to be above average. That's what they are looking for. If you are not at 18 months and not told why despite being ahead of your peers, start asking why and having it annotated on monthly counseling sessions after month 18.
I appreciate the advice sir, I’ll definitely keep that in mind.

Alright so I MAY be a dumbass, but I’ve decided to sign with the Army and will be shipping out Sept. 29th as a 35W w/ Airborne. Plan on volunteering for RASP after AIT. Some of the opportunities I’ve heard about seemed too good to pass up.
I am not sure of what your level of fitness you are currently in but if in shape, get in better shape and maintain it. If not in shape as in a full sprint to 100 and ready to puke, you aren't in shape. get core muscles worked out and cardio, lots of cardio. And stay motivated. Like all the time motivated but not like a robotic kind either.

And don't be afraid to ask AR15 owners if you know any, on teaching you the basics of it. It also would not be a bad thing to studying until you can speak it by heart what the Army Values and Soldiers Creed is beforehand. Speak them to yourself or in your head on your runs until it's by mental reflex memory.

I am not sure of what your level of fitness you are currently in but if in shape, get in better shape and maintain it. If not in shape as in a full sprint to 100 and ready to puke, you aren't in shape. get core muscles worked out and cardio, lots of cardio. And stay motivated. Like all the time motivated but not like a robotic kind either.

And don't be afraid to ask AR15 owners if you know any, on teaching you the basics of it. It also would not be a bad thing to studying until you can speak it by heart what the Army Values and Soldiers Creed is beforehand. Speak them to yourself or in your head on your runs until it's by mental reflex memory.
In shape enough to get the Navy EOD contract, but can always get fitter of course. I shoot with the AR platform pretty regularly but some more formal instruction wouldn’t hurt. Thank you for the advice sir!

Welcome to the site. I like your humility, it's a great trait to have. 8-)

Good score on the ASVAB, Hope that locks you in for a useful Language. I scored so low they offered me English. :ROFLMAO:

Good luck on your journey....it sounds fun!! :thumbsup:
You qualified for the most useful language in the world, can’t complain there!

I’ll most likely be assigned Mandarin or Russian, so I guess we’ll just see.

Received an email from DLI that I was assigned Mandarin and that I will almost certainly be slotted 35P. For those who have experience in the field, do you recommend pushing for a SOT-A slot or attending RASP? Looking for opportunities in SOF outside of an office.

Back