Intro

Yosemite

Verified Military
Hello all,
My name is Nick. I am currently in the USAF stationed at Beale AFB, CA as a 1N151A Geospatial Intelligence Analyst.
I have been active duty for 2.5 years, am an E-4, and plan on reenlisting at my 6 year mark.

Okay so here's what brought me here:
I come from a military family(mostly Air Force) so joining was always imminent. At a young age I had always wanted to be a SEAL and do cool guy things and kill bad guys. As I got older I realized I was no where fit enough to ever become a SEAL. When it was time I walked into the Air Force recruiters office and told him I wanted to be an Air traffic controller. No contracts came down so I got impatient and took an intelligence contract. After basic training and tech school I got in pretty good shape and thought to myself, "Well maybe I can accomplish my dream and go into a SOF career field." I realized right away that CCT was right for me because initially I had wanted air traffic control and I love all things related to planes. Anyways, Intel is cool and all because we get to support SOF guys and support them with our Preds and Reapers but I hate having a desk job. CCT is my dream and I know it is the one thing I need to fulfill my life.

So here is my request,
I am getting in awesome shape and I know I can nail the PAST test, but my leadership sucks at the moment and can't point me in the right direction.
How do I retrain? How do I get a hold of an Special tactics recruiter to administer a PAST test? What paperwork do I need to do? What is the timeline for all of these things? (I don't want to miss an important step.) I also would appreciate a mentor through this whole process.

Thanks for listening,
-Nick

Hello all,
My name is Nick. I am currently in the USAF stationed at Beale AFB, CA as a 1N151A Geospatial Intelligence Analyst.
I have been active duty for 2.5 years, am an E-4, and plan on reenlisting at my 6 year mark.

Okay so here's what brought me here:
I come from a military family(mostly Air Force) so joining was always imminent. At a young age I had always wanted to be a SEAL and do cool guy things and kill bad guys. As I got older I realized I was no where fit enough to ever become a SEAL. When it was time I walked into the Air Force recruiters office and told him I wanted to be an Air traffic controller. No contracts came down so I got impatient and took an intelligence contract. After basic training and tech school I got in pretty good shape and thought to myself, "Well maybe I can accomplish my dream and go into a SOF career field." I realized right away that CCT was right for me because initially I had wanted air traffic control and I love all things related to planes. Anyways, Intel is cool and all because we get to support SOF guys and support them with our Preds and Reapers but I hate having a desk job. CCT is my dream and I know it is the one thing I need to fulfill my life.

So here is my request,
I am getting in awesome shape and I know I can nail the PAST test, but my leadership sucks at the moment and can't point me in the right direction.
How do I retrain? How do I get a hold of an Special tactics recruiter to administer a PAST test? What paperwork do I need to do? What is the timeline for all of these things? (I don't want to miss an important step.) I also would appreciate a mentor through this whole process.

Thanks for listening,
-Nick
Welcome
Shouldn't your MPF have a retraining NCO who can help you?

Back