INTRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I'm amazed at the negative comments here. Folks over on professionalsoldiers.com seemed much more supportive of my choices.

I'm a Fed. who went to law school planning on practicing law after graduating. I have a great job, but I decided I'd rather continue to serve my country. I considered going to OCS, but at my age, this could be my last shot at SF. I wasn't aware that this was a negative aspiration.....

Nothing I've done in my life has been done half-cocked, but thanks for the support. I also didn't realize that not wanting to practice law just yet was a shortcoming.....

I considered AD, but most mentors that have messaged me seem to think it's not the way to go at my age. Further, by going the NG route I can continue to serve in my current capacity, which is open for deployment overseas. I look at it as the best of both worlds, as do many others in the NG.

Good day.

Don't be amazed, it's just my shitty take on life and people. I honestly find it odd that you refer to yourself as a "fed." The only types I've heard that from are FBI agents and from your last post I guess you are not. Once again, don't be amazed, just the humble opinion of another law enforcement officer who happens to be employed by the federal government.

Don't be amazed, it's just my shitty take on life and people. I honestly find it odd that you refer to yourself as a "fed." The only types I've heard that from are FBI agents and from your last post I guess you are not. Once again, don't be amazed, just the humble opinion of another law enforcement officer who happens to be employed by the federal government.

Just goes to show ya, you never ever know who you're gonna meet on these types of boards.

Those who walk the walk, talk the talk, and those who wish they could or are trying, but never will........('trying' is not a word I put any faith in at all)

Which one are you??

That'd be the question of the day.

}:-):cool:

I live in DC, anyone in the employ of Uncle Sam is a Fed around here.... That said, PM inbound on who I'm with Rusty.

Fedlaw, thanks for clearing that up, I for one didnt know WTF you meant in your intro, now I do.

You don't anything to 'defend' here, just be yourself, if you are like Rusty, you'll be a wanker but we'll let you hang around, If not well then one of us gets another notch on our keyboard }:-) ;) lol

I live in DC, anyone in the employ of Uncle Sam is a Fed around here.... That said, PM inbound on who I'm with Rusty.

Got your PM and responded. I spent my first three years with this agency in DC and used to enjoy how the majority of federal employees would wear their ID badges as some sore of badge of honor in a dick measuring contest.

My ID badge stays in my shirt pocket just for that reason. I'm sick of the first questions when meeting someone new being: what's your series and pay-grade?

After years of being here, however, I'm used to it....

Everyone here is a pro. But we hold no punches. Thanks for coming and thanks for sticking around. What RB said is true for true......you have to have thick skin in this room.

Once again, thanks for coming.

C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back