Intro

Oh geez...
I will preface my post with: I'm am not currently serving in the military in any fashion. I'm also not trying to steal any thunder from the mods/admin/BTDT crowd...
Hanzo, why would you "just do it once to see" on a forum that is filled with the most serious individuals in the world?

I just wanted to know how seriously I need to be taking this while I'm speaking with some of these people. I'm a person who just likes to be prepared.

I just wanted to know how seriously I need to be taking this while I'm speaking with some of these people. I'm a person who just likes to be prepared.

Attitude from a 15 yo on this board will not be tolerated. Especially a smart ass 'tude trying to push buttons just to see if they can be pushed.

Do a little research on the board and see what it takes to get the various titles given here - this place is not military.com - it's a Special Operations-centric website and the membership reflects heavily on the kind of people who are doing or have done what you have wet dreams about. They are also people who train these kind of people, have long memories, and mad skillz when it comes to checking out what someone is like on the Internet from which nothing ever completely disappears.

LL

Wrong. Oh. So very wrong.

Your 5m target is to JUST BE A KID. You're 15 for crying out loud! Get in trouble, enjoy life, be a little rebellious. You think being picture perfect and doing everything right is gonna get ya what you're wanting, well, you're wrong. You have to experience life. Do things, fun things and sometimes dumb things. Go out and volunteer, get involved with life and the people around you. Especially people of a different socio-economic and cultural background.

Your 25m target is to graduate high school with honors. I say honors, because anyone with your command of English grammar better do no less. If you've got an IB program available, make sure you are in it AND graduating with honors. See if you can find a Great Books discussion group to get involved with - don't be intimidated by the adults in it, just do it.

Oh, are you still doing PT? Good. Cuz I'm not tired yet. Speaking of which, what kind of PT? If it ain't out in the mud/snow/rain/wet with a tire, tree, concrete block, lake/river and big hills, then it ain't PT.

You want any more advice, we can take it off this thread and onto Profile posts.

LL

Well I am delighted to tell you that I have a life and I do act my age. Honestly I focus more on practically everything pertaining to my age then I do preparing, I just figure I can make better use of time then sitting in front of a screen for 5 hours and actually help increase the very slim chances I have of fulfilling my dream.
2-mile run in the snow counts right? ;)

Attitude from a 15 yo on this board will not be tolerated. Especially a smart ass 'tude trying to push buttons just to see if they can be pushed.

Do a little research on the board and see what it takes to get the various titles given here - this place is not military.com - it's a Special Operations-centric website and the membership reflects heavily on the kind of people who are doing or have done what you have wet dreams about. They are also people who train these kind of people, have long memories, and mad skillz when it comes to checking out what someone is like on the Internet from which nothing ever completely disappears.

LL
Ma'am I have gone around and all I've seen are people with military backgrounds speaking loosely to one another. Obviously I am not your equal so I wanted to know how loose I can be with the majority of this community. Sorry if I offended you.

Wasn't planning on keeping it just did it once to see if people were VERY serouis on this site

Poking bears with sharp sticks is not a good way to extend your life... remember that the majority of repondees in this thread are veterans, and most of them have SOF experience of some kind or another... you, on the other hand have barely hit puberty... We are the bears, you are not.

Ma'am I have gone around and all I've seen are people with military backgrounds speaking loosely to one another. Obviously I am not your equal so I wanted to know how loose I can be with the majority of this community. Sorry if I offended you.

For future reference, do not be loose. Period. We've earned the right to be 'loose' with each other through what we've done/are doing. Until you have achieved all that, you have absolutely no right to attempt to be 'loose' with us.

LL

For future reference, do not be loose. Period. We've earned the right to be 'loose' with each other through what we've done/are doing. Until you have achieved all that, you have absolutely no right to attempt to be 'loose' with us.

LL

Understood ma'am.

Poking bears with sharp sticks is not a good way to extend your life... remember that the majority of repondees in this thread are veterans, and most of them have SOF experience of some kind or another... you, on the other hand have barely hit puberty... We are the bears, you are not.

Understood sir.

So...Ummm...Welcome. I can kind of relate because I wanted to be in special operations since I was young too. I was around your age when I really made up my mind. I heard a lot of things from a lot of people. Now I'm in SF (Army Special Forces). It can be done, just takes dedication, intelligence and lots of patience. There's no real right way to go, just stay out of serious trouble, stay/get in shape, and work hard in school. Good luck kid.

Back