Intro.

That's what I was thinkin, a few of my Marine friends, when they transitioned to Army, said they didn't have to go through Basic, but goin Army to Marine you have to do Marine basic.

Marine Corps veterans do not have to attend any service's boot camp if they change branches (unless they've had a certain amount of time break in service, I believe). Been that way for as long as I can remember.

I believe TW's info referenced the Ranger Batt's necessity to run/ruck/suck until the blisters bleed, everyday. Ranger Batt's have a different mission, but it's still a tough physical test for younger soldiers.

I agree with the RB's concept for a younger soldier such as yourself, but the SF mission is different, although there is a certain course called SFAS that you will run/ruck/suck until the blisters bleed that 'assess's' your ability to register your effectiveness after the suck part. This is called high school. Next comes 'college, which we call the 'Q course'.

Your 25 meter target is deciding what you want to do, high school or college. There are many options.

Welcome!!

Back