Introducing the all new Revision BATLSKIN

From there website:
Mandible Guard
The BATLSKIN MANDIBLE GUARD provides lightweight blunt force and fragmentation protection for the lower jaw. Durable, low profile design is engineered for rapid attachment and removal.

Seamlessly integrates with all Batlskin modular components even when sighting a crew served weapon
Alternative polycarbonate or lightweight wire cage mandible guards available for different threat levels

I can see the application for turret gunners and riot control type duties, but the website is listing it as “Combat application” to offer added protection. Although great in theory (adding protections to the face and jaw) it’s very limited application from what I can see. I personally would not want to go into combat with a piece of equipment that limited my ability to use my shoulder fired weapons system.

On the other aspect, operating in an NBC environment you are limited by your pro-mask and you do learn to adapt. However, thinking back to NBC qualification ranges and how jacked up it is trying to work out the “issues of cheek to stock” was hard enough. Trying to do that for all things shooting would simply suck. I think we are still a ways away from developing individual weapons systems that do not require mounted optics (outside of NVG/IR) but once that technology is available I could see something like this being an outstanding option.

Just a personal opinion, not saying that it’s totally worthless, again turret gunners and riot control would be a good application for the mask. Outside of that, the rest of the helmet and eye protection looks cool. I am wondering what the ballistic rating is though…

When they hit the market, I'll ask for one or three for T&E for our team. Who knows, maybe they're better than what we're currently using. Not sure the faceshield would get used much, but hey, it's modular.

I definitely agree that it would be best for a turret gunner.

@Policemedic, maybe Revision will do the right thing and just cut us a check ;)

For some time now, helmets have been getting streamlined in shape and size to accommodate for CQB and light tactical. This goes the complete opposite direction in its concept. I can see it having some applications on the battlefield outside of light Infantry, but to think otherwise is just naive. Rapid fire, quick acquisition, precision shooting just cannot be done with the speed of movement required when you're wearing a motorcycle helmet, try it sometime. I would require every doorkicker to have one on as far as breaching goes so they don't take a shotty blast to the face. Wearing them as an entire team though with shoulder fired weapons....just can't see it. Kudos to Revision though for thinking outside the box. My .02

I'll be interested mostly in the lid itself; I'm pretty sure the faceshield will be relegated to doorgunners and breachers (as HS noted).

I initially thought this would be great for riot control, but as soon as we needed promasks the faceshield is a problem.

Back