Introduction : future soldier 15T

I know chinese well enough to go around Beijing along and survive pretty well; I have studied chinese language at Venice University for three years and I spent the last semester of the last year living in Beijing to improve my skills and knowledge , I have learned more in one month being there than in three years of college!!!
Linguist was not available and the recruiter told me I cannot get a clearence since I have the dual citizenship...once in all diffenrent story...or at least this is what he told me.
lets says that I am very curious and stubborn, when I do something I want to be the best at it, so I plan on be the best crew chief I can to get selected to go to 160th...

Linguist was not available? :hmm: Sounds like Bullshit to me. I thought that was one of the hottest jobs around at the moment.

The clearance you can do once you enlist.

well, it was available but he said I cannot get a clearence now since I have the dual citizenship, but when I am in I can ask for an interum? btw when I get to my first duty station I will start the process to get rid of the italian one so I can get a clearance and stop having all the issue that a dual citizenship brings in!

You wont be abale to go 160th until you get your clearance as far as I know.
The process is easy to hand in your citizenship. I know a guy, he applied for a clearance, the army told him to write a note renouncing his other citizenship and to hand them his foreign passport to be destroyed. He had his clearance soon after.

I thought that was one of the hottest jobs around at the moment.

it is, in fact its one of only 3 jobs left in the army that still comes with incentives. all you have to do to get 35P is ask. You do need a TS for it, so I'm sure you would have to renounce your italian citizenship and that would be the end of it.

You wont be abale to go 160th until you get your clearance as far as I know.
The process is easy to hand in your citizenship. I know a guy, he applied for a clearance, the army told him to write a note renouncing his other citizenship and to hand them his foreign passport to be destroyed. He had his clearance soon after.

I think I know that guy...

thanks for your advice pardus!
I have read the 160th recruiting website and of course you need to be able to obtain or already have a TS, however in the time they start the secret clearence investigation there is the change of an "interim"... if at the end of the process for any reason you can't obtain one they send you to another regular unit.
I was planning on getting in with the interim (I guess it's some kind of temporary waiver) and get rid of the italian citizenship right away.
In the army is easier to give up the citizenship, but in the civilian world and with Italian burocracy OMG!!!
I would have to establish a residency in a foreign country , go to the italian embassy, sign a bunch of papers and turn-in all the documents (passport,ecc..),
At that point the embassy will send everything to the last city-hall you lived in Italy to notify evrything and then you can consider yourself 100% USA!
but it takes a lot of time and I cannot do it from here!

Back