Introduction

mobber

Unverified
Hello, my name is Jacob and i'm a Senior in high school. I play on a club Rugby team as the scrumhalf. Ever since i was a little kid, I've always wanted to become a Ranger. Little did I know what they did besides jump out of planes with a rifle and fight the enemy. These past four years I've been doing lots of research about becoming an Army Ranger and have been extremely interested in becoming a Ranger Medic.

I decided to join this site because i wanted to gain more knowledge about becoming a Ranger Medic and what a Ranger Medic will do in the 75th Ranger Regiment.

Thank you for letting me become a member on this site. Thank you very much for all past and present members of the military.

Red Flag 1

Verified Military
Welcome to SS. Very nice introduction, like the Rugby interest. I wish you the best of luck with your plans for the military. Do you have plans to further your education after high school?

RF 1

mobber

Unverified
Thank you for the replies.

Red Flag 1,

As of now, i am planning on becoming a EMT-Paramedic first and getting some medical experience. Although it isn't as trauma related as a 68W would be, it is a start. The school that has the EMT courses also has a Rugby team that I plan on joining.

Muppet

Paratrooper
Verified Military
Wrong side of heaven, righteous side of hell
Thank you for the replies.

Red Flag 1,

As of now, i am planning on becoming a EMT-Paramedic first and getting some medical experience. Although it isn't as trauma related as a 68W would be, it is a start. The school that has the EMT courses also has a Rugby team that I plan on joining.

So, may I ask. Do you want to be a Ranger Medic or a civilian Paramedic? I think both are REALLY awesome callings, not just a job but a calling. If you go to civilian medic school, you may want to stay in that profession for a while. Ranger medic, if I am not mistaken, get trained to the Paramedic level (it's all in the threads here)..... What am I saying? I don't know. I am senile but you really have to be ready for both and for gods sake, concentrate on the 25mm target.:thumbsup:

F.M.

mobber

Unverified
Thank you for
So, may I ask. Do you want to be a Ranger Medic or a civilian Paramedic? I think both are REALLY awesome callings, not just a job but a calling. If you go to civilian medic school, you may want to stay in that profession for a while. Ranger medic, if I am not mistaken, get trained to the Paramedic level (it's all in the threads here)..... What am I saying? I don't know. I am senile but you really have to be ready for both and for gods sake, concentrate on the 25mm target.:thumbsup:

F.M.

Firemedic,

Ranger Medic is my number one goal currently but becoming a civilian Paramedic would also be cool. If i was going to become a Paramedic first i'd do it for the first hand trauma experience. I'll do some reading and heeding before I make a final decision.