Introduction

JUA

Unverified
Currently a college student studying Arabic. I joined to look for more information related to ORIF (open reduction, internal fixation) aka pins and screws disqualifications. I am looking to pursue a branch of special operations preferably one that allows waivers for plates and screws (right forearm). I train mixed martial arts and Jiu Jitsu. Looking forward to participating.

ortho M.D. says my arm has healed perfectly. although removing the plates would be a major operation as my bone has nearly completely covered the plate. ( lets just say I drink alot of milk) I have spoken with a navy recruiter and they say waivers are extremely unlikely for the SEAL/SWCC. Haven't tried the other branches. I was hoping someone here might know more about it.

Welcome. I'd advise you to not put much credit into things you just hear. Even if one recruiter tells you one thing, go to another and see if you get the same answer. I did that several times when I enlisted, which was within the past 2 years. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Best of luck.

Good Luck.
Recruiting has become much easier, so waivers are harder to get.
That said, you won't get one unless you try. Go back to the recruiter and tell him to put a waiver packet in. You may get it, you may not.
NG SF and ANG STS may also be available, and my experience is the Guard will go the waiver route quicker then the Active Duty guys.

ortho M.D. says my arm has healed perfectly. although removing the plates would be a major operation as my bone has nearly completely covered the plate. ( lets just say I drink alot of milk) I have spoken with a navy recruiter and they say waivers are extremely unlikely for the SEAL/SWCC. Haven't tried the other branches. I was hoping someone here might know more about it.
Welcome to SS. As for your previous fracture history, the regs will be pretty clear. Best source for the regs, in your case, are the recruiters. You said the plate is still there, are the screws still in place?

Best of luck.

RF 1

Back