Introduction

clockwork

Unverified
Hey guys,
I came into the Army three and a half years ago with an 18X contract after getting my bachelor's degree, majoring in psychology and minoring in communication. I went through the pipeline slowly but surely and made it to the end of Robin Sage only to be dropped and told to get some more experience in the Army before coming back in 2 years. Well, it's been a little over a year and I've been banging my head against the wall trying to adapt to the regular Army lifestyle and especially the Infantry way of doing things. It seems that infantry doctrine goes against everything I was taught in the Q (ie. think outside of the box, always analyze the situation and think of the second and third order of effects). Needless to say, I'm not a fan of the infantry but I'm not ready to give up on the Army just yet as I am a proud patriot and still want to serve my country. I have thought long and hard about going back to the Q course, getting selected again and hopefully making it to the end but I really don't think that's the best fit for me. So, I've looked at every possible alternative available to me and have decided MI sounds like the best route to get back into the special operations world. Specifically, I've been looking at 35L with hopes to excel in that field, work with some professional people, prove my worth and then try out for some SMU. Any guidance and/or criticism is welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to SS. I think you may find some value in our Special Forces Mentor group. You can access the Mentor Group by selecting "Groups" from the tool bar at the top of the page. I wish you the best on the road ahead of you.

Back