Introduction

gooseyloosey

SARM
Verified Military
I have been using this site for a little over a year now. I decided to create an account, so I could share any information that I came across as beneficial.

I want to take the chance to thank all of you . Thank you for constantly encouraging me. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your perspective. I'm in the Air Force and have been in for a over a year now, currently stationed at Fairchild. All I ever wanted is to become a TACP, but I never got the contract and I came in open administration. In the beginning I had the mindset that my life was going to be shit, and that I would end up getting discharged. I deeply disliked my job, but I have a newfound respect for the people who do it. I never thought I would be sitting in a chair staring at a computer all day, and that was the one thing that hurt. I'm young and have my whole life ahead of me, and I thought It was put on hold because I signed the admin contract. I felt like everyone doubted me, and thought that I wouldn't have a chance. I rucked by myself, ate by myself, slept by myself haha. Even though I try my best, I felt like I was too slow, or too weak. I have matured and grown over the time, and I owe you guys a lot of that credit.

I met some of the greatest people the military had to offer, and saw things that I would've never had the chance of seeing as a civilian. I gained the perspective that, so many people in life have it much worse than me. People starve to death every day, people work jobs they hate for years and others die meaningless deaths leaving family behind. Nelson Mandela spent 26 years in a prison cell and did not complain. All I am saying is in the Grand Scheme of things I learned that I don't have it bad. I also learned that Life happens FOR you, not TO you, that I am always in control even though some days it might not feel that way. I try to set up goals, and lay paths to them. Even though I don't have a mentor close by, I see you guys as great leaders. I try not to hang around people who are content with being "good enough", and try to surround myself with intelligent and motivated individuals. I know what I want might seem a million miles away but it's not. It will be here before I know it and I have to make sure that I'm ready. Trying to take advantage of what is in front me, and never letting an opportunity pass me by. Although I might not like what I'm doing I still keep a great attitude. I have to have dedication and determination to get where I want to be.

Thank you,

Goose

Welcome! Without people in admin, the "cool" guys kicking down doors all over the world wouldn't get paid. Every person in the military plays a critical part in mission accomplishment, whether you, or others, know it.

Back