Introduction

xXxUserK2000XxX

Unverified
Hello all, I am a 19-year-old student currently attending a military college in Pennsylvania. I am going to be quite real, while the military in some capacity or another, was always my plan. I was only considering it because of its monetary benefits like paying for college. It was something I never truly took it seriously. While I was accepted into an ROTC scholarship program with my school, I was only concerned with getting through and getting my degree. This was also an SMP scholarship, so I was simultaneously contracted and drilling with a local quartermaster unit. The shitty part of this story is that I went into this program with a substance use issue (don't want to go into specifics). After a particularly bad evening with this stuff, I realized I had to admit I had a problem, come clean about this, and make a lot of changes in my life. I reported my substance use to my program's cadre and joined a group/ clinic for my substance use and I have been entirely off drug use since late September. Because of my substance use, the ROTC program decided to initiate disenrollment proceedings. While I've had to go in front of an administrative board for this issue, I am still waiting on a response on whether they should choose to either retain or dismiss me.

I'm not looking for pity, and I am perfectly willing to accept the consequences of my actions. As I said, I want to make changes in my life and take on serious challenges. I want honest opinions from veterans about my situation and know if there is any possible future in Army Special Forces/ Ranger battalion, or even just the more intense or challenging jobs within the Army. I am currently physically fit, I got a 283 on my last APFT and plan on receiving a higher score if not maxing an upcoming diagnostic test with my unit. While I haven't taken the ACFT, I understand the events and feel confident in my ability to do well on it.

Welcome and best of success to you.

This intro area is for welcomes only, so none of your questions will be answered here.

At some point, you will need to start a thread within the forum.

For what it’s worth, Your situation is similar to other intros we have seen here. If you do choose to begin a thread about it, go into it knowing that other members may be significantly more blunt and honest than perhaps you are expecting/wanting.

Best of success to you.

Welcome and best of luck. You've made your first step to become a better version of yourself, so let it be. If cadre believes you should be dropped it's not the end of the story. You still may join as an enlisted:)

Back