Introduction

DumbNerd18

Unverified
Hello everyone,

I don't plan on posting much but wanted to introduce myself before I do jump into any conversation. I am a recent college graduate now working as a federal contractor with the DoJ/DoD. My 1000m target is to eventually attend SFAS but for now I am focused on joining 20th Group in support role and contributing in that capacity. I have just begun the process of enlisting in the NG while I continue to train for the pipeline. This site has been a great resource for me already and I look forward to learning more from y'all.

Best regards,
DN18

I'm curious as to why

is your goal? That's a very far out target. Do you have specific goals on the journey to that ultimate goal?

I had gone back and forth on the route to take to selection and am fortunate to have a contact in 20th who has given me some guidance. Ultimately I decided to go for a support role so that I can get prepared and up to speed on life in group and in the NG in general, and also learn a useful MOS. It will also allow me to continue training -- as of right now I am not where I need to be for selection. As far as goals in the meantime, I have a few personal goals I would like to accomplish before then. Namely getting settled in my career, becoming more financially stable, and finishing my master's degree.

I don't want to imply that I think a SF support role is simply a "stepping stone" by any means. I am excited to get in that role and want to do my part there. This was actually suggested to me by my contact in 20th Group.

Back