Introduction

borebrotherbore

Verified Military
Joined the Army in 2002 as an 11b. First duty station of Schofield Barracks Hawaii. Sent to Bravo Company 1/21 Inf as a SAW gunner. Deployed to OIF in January 2004 to Kirkuk Iraq. Spent 14 months at Bull Base, a small company COB. Had a blast. Sent to Delta Company 2/27 Inf to ETS. Got stoplossed and decided to change MOS's ( Got married wife didn't want me kicking in doors anymore ) Became a 74d, worse decision of my life, sent to 4-3 BSTB 3rd ID to a chemical recon platoon. Deployed again October of 2007 ( on my wifes birthday ). Attached to EOD units at FOB Kalsu. Worked with the 705th and 725th EOD. Had a fucking great time getting lots of OJT. I am now stationed in Brunssum Netherlands working for NATO. Great place to live, but being a desk jockey blows ass!
Shooting for a spot with 7th Group on one of the CRD teams soon!

Welcome, Desk Jock!
biggrin.png

Welcome, my father is posted to JFC Brunssum right now as well. I had a chance to go visit while I was on leave during my last deployment, I loved the area and wish I could get a posting there.

Hey ProPatria, I'm sure you don't want to tell me your father's name on a board, but I actually work with some Canadian's. I do the First Responder stuff on base, since they shut down the fire station. One of my 'Team Leaders' for that is a Canadian. Also have met quite a few, had a nice talk with the Canadian CSM for the post.

Sorry, 74d is the Army Chemical MOS. It's alright as long as you can get into a recon job. Get to play with all kinds of nasty stuff. Just miss going on raids and the comradere of being a grunt.

Hey ProPatria, I'm sure you don't want to tell me your father's name on a board, but I actually work with some Canadian's. I do the First Responder stuff on base, since they shut down the fire station. One of my 'Team Leaders' for that is a Canadian. Also have met quite a few, had a nice talk with the Canadian CSM for the post.

If you know the CDN delegation at all he is the plump Armoured Major that sits behind a desk now. I know this is a shot in the dark but was the CSM a tall, gray haired mustache wearing guy? If so, I know the man you are talking about, he's a good guy.

Bore Brother Bore.
Quick question. I worked a program where four LAV's were modified to go into hot areas and could remotely sample dirt air etc. have you ever worked these vehicles?
Bill

Back