Iraq and ISIS Discussion

I guess it's good that we spent a bajillion dollars fortifying that place
I don't know exactly what part of building they are at or exactly how big the building itself is, but from what I've heard, the security forces have retreated inside. The news reports keep saying gun shots were heard but I'm pretty sure they are some sort of non lethal weapon. Flash bangs and tear gas probably

I wonder how many times the word “Benghazi” has been spoken by those directly affected by this over the past 24 hours.
As soon as the notification woke me up at 4 AM this morning, I immediately thought of Benghazi

I don't know exactly what part of building they are at or exactly how big the building itself is, but from what I've heard, the security forces have retreated inside. The news reports keep saying gun shots were heard but I'm pretty sure they are some sort of non lethal weapon. Flash bangs and tear gas probably
The compound is 104 acre complex with a multi-layer defense plan. Hard to get to the actual embassy building without being shot.

Next steps will be interesting.

Militiamen breach US Embassy in Baghdad; Trump blames Iran
From the article - my emphasis added said:
Iraq has long struggled to balance its ties with the U.S. and Iran, both allies of the Iraqi government. But the government’s angry reaction to the U.S. airstrikes and its apparent decision not to prevent the protesters from reaching the embassy signaled a sharp deterioration of U.S.-Iraq relations.

Iraqi security forces made no effort to stop the protesters as they marched to the heavily fortified Green Zone after a funeral for those killed in the airstrikes. The demonstrators were allowed to pass through a security checkpoint leading to the area...

Some commanders of militia factions loyal to Iran joined the protesters outside the embassy in a strikingly bold move. Among them was Qais al-Khizali, the head of one of the most powerful Iranian-backed Shiite militias in Iraq who is on a U.S. terror list, and Hadi al-Amiri, the head of the state-sanctioned paramilitary Popular Mobilization Units, the umbrella group for the Iran-backed militias...

...U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Sunday’s strikes send the message that the United States will not tolerate actions by Iran that jeopardize American lives.

The U.S. attack also outraged the Iraqi government, which said it will reconsider its relationship with the U.S.-led coalition — the first time it has said it will do so since an agreement was struck to keep some U.S. troops in the country. It called the attack a “flagrant violation” of its sovereignty.

In a partly televised meeting Monday, Iraq’s caretaker Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi told Cabinet members that he had tried to stop the U.S. operation “but there was insistence” from American officials. He declared three days of mourning for those killed in the U.S. strikes, starting Tuesday.
Fuck both Iraq and Iran.

Last edited:
Looks like Iran and Al-Sadr are up to their bullshit again. Thanks again Obama.
Sadr’s group has been vyying for political legitimacy since the early summer. Don’t get me wrong, the Sadrists still gets a lot of support from Iran, but the general consensus is that they’re more concerned with gaining seats in parliament than exporting the revolution. KH is almost certainly the main belligerent in this case, especially since we just blew up a bunch of their guys over the weekend.

Sadr’s group has been vyying for political legitimacy since the early summer. Don’t get me wrong, the Sadrists still gets a lot of support from Iran, but the general consensus is that they’re more concerned with gaining seats in parliament than exporting the revolution. KH is almost certainly the main belligerent in this case, especially since we just blew up a bunch of their guys over the weekend.
Sadr has always been a stooge for Iran. We should have razed his city and turned his Mosques into scorched rubble. Fuck that guy. I'll never forgive him and his cronies for as long as I live.

Phosphorus would be too good a death for Sadr and his retards.

I don't do Twitter much any more, but God damn that vote vets site mightily pissed me off...
Yep. They're just a bunch of useful idiots that use the 'veteran moniker' to push their commie BS. Progressive liberal misinformation at it's finest. Considering they're siding with Al Sadr, it's nice seeing where their loyalties are.

Sadr has always been a stooge for Iran. We should have razed his city and turned his Mosques into scorched rubble. Fuck that guy. I'll never forgive him and his cronies for as long as I live.

Phosphorus would be too good a death for Sadr and his retards.

I remember when he got put on the no-strike list. Sad day.

Iran is just ass hurt that the Iraqi children that grew up during our occupation are adults now, and protesting against the Iranian stooge that sits atop the Iraqi government. They want their own government, and they don’t want fundamentalist Islam. That is anathema to everything that Iran has in mind for the region.

Ol’ Mookie should have been jailed or hung. He’s a coward with a big mouth. He’s a little yappy dog the size of a Turkish coffee cup that barks and growls like he’s the biggest dog in the kennel, until a much larger, meaner dog puts him in in place. Then he goes running to the safety of Iran, where he suckles hate from the warm teat of the mullahs, has a nap, and comes back to Baghdad when the heat’s died down.

Fuck him. Fuck any American that sides with him. It costs roughly $1400 to renounce citizenship. If Iran is the tits, and the mullahs are really so awesome that young Iraqis should reconsider their position, then I can gladly book them on a one-way flight to Istanbul, with follow-on to Tehran.

Back