Irish Army Ranger Wing (ARW)Photos

arwfirebasewg0db2.jpg

Are you positive this is ARW?

They are wearing Brit DPM, that along with recent weapons, I thought you now use your own cam (as in the other photos), I could beleive very easily that was a photo of Kiwi troops.

Perfectly good? hmmm.....

Its nice to use but I dont trust it.

I've never had a problem with the Styer and I've used it for 12 yrs so far Mate.

Are you positive this is ARW?

They are wearing Brit DPM, that along with recent weapons, I thought you now use your own cam (as in the other photos), I could beleive very easily that was a photo of Kiwi troops.

Absolutely Positive..:)
As I've mentioned at the very start of this thread the ARW used Brit DPM before our own pattern came into service..this pic was published in one of our daily newspapers a few years ago.

I used the Styer for about 6 years and had a lot of trouble with it, though the useless bloody aussies made ours ;)

I remembered about the ARW using Brit cam, just thought the weapons were a bit new for that...

Thanks.

Perfectly good? hmmm.....

Its nice to use but I dont trust it.

I used the Styer for about 6 years and had a lot of trouble with it, though the useless bloody aussies made ours ;)

I remembered about the ARW using Brit cam, just thought the weapons were a bit new for that...

Thanks.

We only changed to our present uniform in 99 so that photo would have been in or around that time frame..they still use the Brit Gore-Tex raingear.

Our Styer's came from Austria.

IIRC the first Styer I used was Austrian, the rest were Aussie, funnily enough when I exercised in Aussie and used their Styers they were real peices of shit, fire a few hundred rounds through them and they just wouldnt stop jamming, cleanign them didnt do much to help either.

Like I say I liked useing it but dont trust it when it comes to fighting.
they have improved the ones in NZ now since I was in.

IIRC the first Styer I used was Austrian, the rest were Aussie, funnily enough when I exercised in Aussie and used their Styers they were real peices of shit, fire a few hundred rounds through them and they just wouldnt stop jamming, cleanign them didnt do much to help either.

Like I say I liked useing it but dont trust it when it comes to fighting.
they have improved the ones in NZ now since I was in.

I can't see us changing them for a long time to come..If the Wing had a problem with them they would change them but so far they're happy enough.

A few More..

A few More. FYI the last Picture is the finish line of the Selection Cse.it used to be a forced march of approx 35 km from the Tactical training Area in the Glen of Ammal to the Curragh Camp.when they arrived into the ARW compound all members of the Ranger Wing would come out and Applaud them in.

Attachments

• arwpara2002vs0.jpg
    arwpara2002vs0.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 167
  • assltteameq1.jpg
    assltteameq1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 213
  • assltteamonrangebc2.jpg
    assltteamonrangebc2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 182
  • selectionthefinishlinean3.jpg
    selectionthefinishlinean3.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 2,126
mutter said:
off topic a little, but IA, have you had a look at the new body armour the DF is getting, no one I've asked has seen it yet, I'm just a little curious to what it looks like;)

honestly No I haven't seen it yet either..Sorry:(

I'd say the next 3 months the new Gear will start coming into service...

mutter said:
damn it would want to be something pretty cool to keep it so well underwraps...:D , was the old BA pretty bad that they decided to change it?

No..,I don't think so..~but Like I said, we must keep up with the rest of the world and with the EU Battlegroups coming up we have to be dressed for the Party.:)

arw6sn0.jpg

atteammemberropingdown2nf8.jpg

combatdiverwithrebreathwh2.jpg

This one is from the Special forces Competition in Bonn,Germany in 03 where the Wing came in 3rd.
internationalcombatteambi0.jpg

and some more..

A few more:)

Attachments

• arwkofist3.th.jpg
    arwkofist3.th.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 469
  • blessingtonjumpfr4.jpg
    blessingtonjumpfr4.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 163
  • Bridge jump 3.jpg
    Bridge jump 3.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 178
  • Hostage rescue.jpg
    Hostage rescue.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 174
  • liberiarangepracticeuy4.jpg
    liberiarangepracticeuy4.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 191
Nice Pics Boys.... How are those F-350's fairing out? Have they been deployed overseas at all yet?

Nice Pics Boys.... How are those F-350's fairing out? Have they been deployed overseas at all yet?

Not yet Pete..AFAIK they are Happy enough with them..Wrong wheels though..should be bigger,A Capt told Me.

Back