Irish Rangers Rank 3rd

Crusader74

Verified Military
Verified Military
(MOVED BY ADMIN)

Its old but Interesting..Besides the Units that are mentioned Im unaware who else was involved.

img117kg1.jpg

So Austrain Police and the Italians were ahead of them? British SAS were a no show.....

yeah,they are both intervention teams and this type is their bread and butter.the ARW were the top Military SOF Unit to come in, which in my book is A1.they are only around since 1980,but have worked/trained with the best in the world..

i'll try and find out more....

Good on them, great result.

That said Id like to know what other units were there, a police team coming first.......:uhh:

the GSG9 participated in the Competition...not sure were they came in...
not trying to be annoying:D ...but I don't think GSG 9 enter the CTC competition, they run it after it was set up by their former commander, read that some where....I'll see can I did it up. it's on again next year by the way

BTW, the unit that will not be named here won it in 1999.....D....De....Del.....I won't:huh?:

can't edit, I'm just assuming, so don't kill me, but maybe they and the SAS were too busy in the WOT at the time, but their was still a load of other units from around the World at it, so it was still a good performent to be the top military team....insert little patriotic Irish tri colour waving emoticon here;)

not trying to be annoying:D ...but I don't think GSG 9 enter the CTC competition, they run it after it was set up by their former commander, read that some where....I'll see can I did it up. it's on again next year by the way

BTW, the unit that will not be named here won it in 1999.....D....De....Del.....I won't:huh?:

ok Mutter,I was lead to believe they were were in the CTC.

Ah the ARW... i did that course to kill time one weekend... i now have a limp.

Back