Israel and Iran

TLDR20

Verified SOF
Looks like Israel and Iran are getting pretty saucy.

Reports of explosions at government buildings in Tehran.

Links:

Drones attack military plant in Iran: Tehran

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Iran raised fighter jets over the capital Tehran. There are unconfirmed explosions there as well. <a href="https://t.co/hRje3xwuOp">pic.twitter.com/hRje3xwuOp</a></p>&mdash; NOËL 🇪🇺 🇺🇦 (@NOELreports) <a href=" ">January 28, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I’m sure it is unrelated, but there is an excercise involving a Carrier battle group and a wing of B52s in Israel right now.

All open source, the B52’s were seen flying there in formation, created quite the buzz in aviation circles.

I’m sure it is unrelated, but there is an excercise involving a Carrier battle group and a wing of B52s in Israel right now.

All open source, the B52’s were seen flying there in formation, created quite the buzz in aviation circles.

BTF, Bomber Task Force. I first heard of them in..2019 or 2020 when I was overseas. We'll take a couple of -52's or B-1's and fly them on endurance missions, usually landing in Qatar or Guam, with a small support package to generate sorties. It's part of the Air Force's rapid expeditionary stance its taken of late.

I want to say the -52's worked with Israel before, but my memory's a bit fuzzy.

BTF, Bomber Task Force. I first heard of them in..2019 or 2020 when I was overseas. We'll take a couple of -52's or B-1's and fly them on endurance missions, usually landing in Qatar or Guam, with a small support package to generate sorties. It's part of the Air Force's rapid expeditionary stance its taken of late.

Biggest U.S.-Israel War Games Ever Are Underway

I talked with a friend who has Israel and US citizenship, he's in Duvdevan, if he is participating, he said he is not, but the general vibe of the military is they're pretty excited about the exercise.

Yes, longer then most people know.

That doesn’t look like a bomb blast to me. Too small. People standing around with cell phones. No screaming, no panic, nobody running for cover.

Drones which carry a smaller payload, but we can't rule out F-35's.

Report: Israeli F-35s penetrated Iranian airspace repeatedly during war drills

The unverified report in London-based Elaph said the jets successfully evaded Russian and Iranian radars during the exercises. Drones and mid-air refueling tankers were also reported to have participated in the “massive” drills.

According to Elaph, Israel and the US also carried out secret exercises over the Red Sea simulating a strike on Iran from the sea and air and the seizing of Iranian warships.

Good thing we aren't participating in drills with the Israeli's right now. Oh, wait...my bad.

This year is also the 75th anniversary of the modern state of Israel (I think? It's something big in Israel). So there are going to be lots of crowds and therefore lots of juicy terror targets in the coming months :(

It looks like Hamas got at least one Israeli tank just outside of Gaza.

The organization of all of this is pretty amazing. It seems that Hamas is making a major military effort and achieved both strategic and tactical surprise, which IMO is pretty unusual. This took a lot to put together and with Israel's spy network and intel apparatus, it seems like something that the Israelis would normally see coming.

1696692038602.png

Back