Israel and Iran

'Children of Israel' is mentioned 80-something times in the Quran. I think the argument is whether it's talking about the Jewish people (as Israel = Jacob, and so 'children of Jacob') or 'children of a servant of God'. Irrespective of interpretation (because either one refers to the Jewish Jacob), between the Quran and the Bible (Genesis 16)/Torah, as well as secular texts there's plenty to prove that Jews were in the region for thousands of years.

It's actually much easier to prove that 'Palestinians' are in a line of itinerant and migratory 'tribes' and were in and out of that geographical space and not the 'owners.'

A little more coming out this morning. Most of the students were pissed that this happened, and as the miscreants walking out chanted "free Palestine", the rest of the students and the guests in the stadium were chanting "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!" and drowned them out.

Jerry Seinfeld's wife applauds Duke crowd who drowned out anti-Israel protesters during commencement speech
I was just bustin' your chops earlier.

The interesting, and encouraging, thing is that it appears, in most of these "protests", that the vast majority of students aren't going along with or supporting this nonsense. Which begs the question, why are administrators tolerating it?

The interesting, and encouraging, thing is that it appears, in most of these "protests", that the vast majority of students aren't going along with or supporting this nonsense. Which begs the question, why are administrators tolerating it?

I didn't take any offense from it. I have found it interesting--in a good way--that the mass protests and encampments have not happened here. Duke is no less liberal than many other schools.

You've hit the nail on the head, that's a great question.

Because they are antisemitic?

Because they are antisemitic?

That may be part of it, but I don't think it's most of it. I think they honestly try to balance the whole first amendment/ let them have the room to spread their wings against listening to the chirping from alumni and investors, parents, and others in the food chain. I think it's largely analysis paralysis, because no matter what decision they make, somebody will be unhappy.

Poor/weak leadership.

It's an unwillingness to take a stand for the politics of things these days.

On a brighter note, UNC-Chapel Hill Board of Trustees voted today to remove $2.3M from the schools DEI program, effectively defunding it, and reallocate the funds to public safety.

Poor/weak leadership.

It's an unwillingness to take a stand for the politics of things these days.

On a brighter note, UNC-Chapel Hill Board of Trustees voted today to remove $2.3M from the schools DEI program, effectively defunding it, and reallocate the funds to public safety.

Also a big story around here today, people losing their shit. "OMG they are so racist!"

I'm like, you know, this is the same University that removed statues and renamed buildings to get rid of all vestiges of old south and Confederate money, right?

Part of me knows not to watch this. The college kids protesting should be forced to watch.

I’m not usually one to post “trigger warnings” but because of the topic folks should know what they’re clicking on…

From the site:
A must-watch documentary. #ScreamsBeforeSilence sheds light on the unspeakable sexual violence committed on October 7. As heartbreaking as these stories in the documentary are, we cannot afford to look away

I’m not usually one to post “trigger warnings” but because of the topic folks should know what they’re clicking on…

From the site:
A must-watch documentary. #ScreamsBeforeSilence sheds light on the unspeakable sexual violence committed on October 7. As heartbreaking as these stories in the documentary are, we cannot afford to look away

Sorry, when I posted the link, I didn't realize there was no description.

Rumors are that Israel is sending people stateside to violently escalate protests. One noteworthy example is of an ex-IDF (maybe current) guy named Eliran Bismut. There is video of him cracking a male UCLA students head open and doing the same to some girls hand. In other words, the Iranians and the Israelis are starting shit in our backyard again.

1716040446609.png

Remember folks, these people have no business being in our country. Previously people coming from Israel had to have a visa, not anymore due to Israel's entrance to the Visa Waiver Program on September 27, 2023. As a nation we can't have foreign operatives running around.

Cue the conspiracy theories in 5...4...3...
https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/19/middleeast/iranian-president-raisi-helicopter-intl/index.html

A helicopter carrying Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi crashed while visiting a northern region and his condition is currently unknown, Iranian state news agency IRNA reported Sunday.

The aircraft, which was also carrying Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian, came down in East Azerbaijan Province and emergency crews have so far been unable to reach it due to foggy conditions, IRNA said. It is unclear what the exact status is of Raisi’s helicopter.

Back