Israel and Iran

Question . . . (Genuine, no sarcasm)

Can you support the Palestinian people without being in support of Hammas?
I think the answer is yes, but there is a big "BUT."

A recent poll showed that 71% of polled Palestinians think that Hamas attacking Israel on 10/7 was the correct thing to do. That's an issue that needs some heavy "de-nazi-fication" post WW2 treatment.

And, for the record, Fatah isn't that much better than Hamas and needs the same treatment.

The primary issue with the Palestinians is that they, currently, do not want a lasting peace with Israel, period. And the primary victims of this ethno-nationalism are the Palestinian children.

Peace will come to Israel and the Palestinians when the Palestinians love their own children more than they hate the Israeli's.

The primary issue with the Palestinians is that they, currently, do not want a lasting peace with Israel, period. And the primary victims of this ethno-nationalism are the Palestinian children.

This. The Israelis know this and that's a big part of the reason they act the way they do. There's no problem with having an arab muslim minority in Israel for them, so long as it's not a majority. When we look at this situation with our Western eyes or our Christian values, or our Neo-Marxist values, or whatever, fact is the ground truth is very different.

A recent poll showed that 71% of polled Palestinians think that Hamas attacking Israel on 10/7 was the correct thing to do. That's an issue that needs some heavy "de-nazi-fication" post WW2 treatment.

And, for the record, Fatah isn't that much better than Hamas and needs the same treatment.

Peace will come to Israel and the Palestinians when the Palestinians love their own children more than they hate the Israeli's.

Genocide is the only answer. Right, wrong, or other, any "peace" is temporary and the only way out of the Palestinian problem is one side dies and one side lives. We are kidding ourselves if we think "peace" is a solution in Palestine.

And even then, you can't kill an idea.

So this whole notion of peace in Palestine is like negotiating for virginity in a maternity ward.

Concur with one exception... rather than saying "yes, but...", I'd frame it as "mostly, no, but..."

With the ICC decision I am now officially fascinated. Correct me here but I think it was Bush jnr. Who didn’t sign up as the rationale was not to put US personnel in the dock. Looks like the right call.

As for the Court itself, I don’t know how relevant it is anymore. As Israel is a non-signatory would they recognize the jurisdiction of the court?

With the ICC decision I am now officially fascinated. Correct me here but I think it was Bush jnr. Who didn’t sign up as the rationale was not to put US personnel in the dock. Looks like the right call.

As for the Court itself, I don’t know how relevant it is anymore. As Israel is a non-signatory would they recognize the jurisdiction of the court?
This seems to be a very slippery slope. The invasion of Iraq could easily earn the US, and Bush Jr, an indictment. Hell all of us could be guilty of something.

This seems to be a very slippery slope. The invasion of Iraq could easily earn the US, and Bush Jr, an indictment. Hell all of us could be guilty of something.
Exactly. That’s why Pres Bush said “we’re not signing on to this, and if you take any of our people, we will come get them.” AKA Hague Invasion Act.

The ICC is just another ineffectual leftist feel-good organization passing indictments it can't enforce.

Without the common united hatred for Israel by the surrounding Arab countries and current Tribes that make up "Palestine", they would probably kill each other.

And that's why Israel still exists. And even with the common hatred of Israel, history has shown they still can't put together a solid coalition to wipe it off the map. Muslims have been slaughtering each other since the 6th Century...and it's probably a good thing for everybody else.

This is actually an area of International law that I am intimately familiar with, so I'll weigh in.

So, for those who know next to nothing about the ICC, it was established via the Rome Statute for the expressed purpose of "Nuremberg-ing" anybody that tried to do something heinous. Key verbiage in the Rome Statute can be found in Article 4.2,

"The Court may exercise its functions and powers, as provided in this Statute, on the territory of any State Party and, by special agreement, on the territory of any other State."

As per the usual with any U.N. Body, the org likes to try and do more than it gave itself permission to do, see the UN General Assembly. Now, international law is complex and ambiguous. Customary International Law. Leaving that there in case I want to come back to it in the future.

Soooooo, Israel is a non-signatory as you have correctly identified. HOWEVER...this is why nations like Ireland, Norway, and Spain's recent recognition of "Palestine" as a state is a problem...theoretically, "Palestine" if eventually recognized as a sovereign state by the UN, could then become a signatory to the Rome Statue and give them jurisdiction within the territories of "Palestine" which would be another headache the Israeli's would have to deal with.

Side Tangent: to be a state you must fulfill 4 requirements according to the Monetevideo Convention.
1. a permanent population
2. a defined territory
3. government
4. capacity to enter into relations with the other states

"Palestine" has never existed because it has never managed to accomplish those four criteria. Moving on.

Practically speaking, the ICC relies on other nations for enforcement. However, while detaining an official of any other nation would instantly become an international incident, the ICC gives you more cover. "Oh, we wouldn't have but the ICC said we needed to because war crimes."

Odds are it wouldn't happen, but the stakes if it were to happen would be catastrophic. IMHO, this is not nothing from an international law perspective and should be taken seriously.

The ICC is just another ineffectual leftist feel-good organization passing indictments it can't enforce.

And that's why Israel still exists. And even with the common hatred of Israel, history has shown they still can't put together a solid coalition to wipe it off the map. Muslims have been slaughtering each other since the 6th Century...and it's probably a good thing for everybody else.
Agree. Arab armies just… aren’t very good. They’ve been that way since probably the time of the Reconquista.

Question . . . (Genuine, no sarcasm)

Can you support the Palestinian people without being in support of Hammas?

You certainly can't suppot Gazans without being in support of Hamas.

I have numerous posts with videos from posts where these libtards who have been brainwashed to supporting the forever refugee are calling for a third Intifada.

First and Second Intifada were just terrorism and murder of innocent Israeli Civilians. Sure Israel went back for the 3:1 bodycount radio, but the Palestinians haven't changed. They hate you and everything the people marching for them actually stand for. They don't want freedom of any kind. They also don't want to be a state. Otherwise the entirety of Gaza could be a massive holiday destination and trading port, another Dubai.

So I guess to answer your question, the answer is no.

Back