I've decided to join the army.

Im not an expert but the way I understand it is that once your SF you can go to any school you want to Ranger HALO EOD HIHO Sniper DLI provided you pass the DLAB, SEAR ect. they say just make a list and plan on spending the next 2 to 6 years in training go 18Delta if you can get it youll make more money in the civilian sector if you decide to get out.

Bypass

By the way man no one can promise you anything to be a Ranger or a Green Beret is going to be the hardest thing youve ever tried to do your life. Never give up and never quit keep a good attitude and your head on straight give it everything you got dont stop even if you think its going to kill you. A friend once told me to keep a canteen full of water and 1 full of http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...result&usg=AFQjCNGIwD-DO0q2RpMS8D0Iswz-RMlIkw it will help you keep your concentration during the testing you will be exausted and you will still have to think.

Theres a reason they say the best of the best of the best.

What the hell is SEAR? you buying a lawn-mower?

Please don't be giving advice based on hear say. You either know it or don't. I don't give advice on SF because I was never SF. Let those who have/are doing it give that advice.

What the hell is SEAR? you buying a lawn-mower?
I guess im just a PSYOP dumbass i thought SEAR was survival evasion and resistance training or SERE survival evasion resistance and escape training if you prefer.....

You are killing me. It is SERE....You have been stepping on your dick a lot. I would recommend Reading More and Posting Less for awhile
you got it 11 Bang Bang now go ahead and delete my account administrator your just a bunch of fucking assholes. Try to offer legit advice and I get this bullshit in response fuck off.

you got it 11 Bang Bang now go ahead and delete my account administrator your just a bunch of fucking assholes. Try to offer legit advice and I get this bullshit in response fuck off.

Opinions are one thing. Advice you're not adequately qualified to dispense is another.

Never mind, I just noticed Boon banned you. Good riddance.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled thread.

Maybe he meant to have his screen name "RFS" instead of "RSF" Between SEAR and SERE, and now, with his final disposition, I'm pretty sure that's what he meant all along.......lol

Maybe he meant to have his screen name "RFS" instead of "RSF" Between SEAR and SERE, and now, with his final disposition, I'm pretty sure that's what he meant all along.......lol

haha, I thought the exact same thing when I glanced over his name.

Yeah I know I've been researching for a while. I mentioned Airborne because if I don't get a Ranger contract straight away I can get into a Airborne unit and have a better chance of getting into the ranger regiment.

-Blue

Option 40. Nothing but! The biggest mistakes I ever made was joining the NG, and not going to 75th and never going to the two schools that come with that unit... Regrets suck!:2c:

Damn I can't believe I missed this!!!:(}:-)

Do the Ranger contract and then go SF. Makes the job much easier down the road. Just like JJ said.

JJ's a douche by the way.

(Just kidding buddy)

When I reinlisted I banged on every door to get to the Ranger Regiment from the 82nd Airborne. I was E-5 at that time and I was told I I would never be a fire team leader, would never make E-6 until after a year with the Regiment and then go to Ranger School. I would have been a ROP candidate and without my Tab they told me it would have been a career mistake. That may have been true, but it may have been just BS to get me to stay with the All Americans" So I did.

For some reason it's harder than ever to go from the "Duece" to the Ranger Regiment. I wished I had gone the OPT 40 from day one.

Just my experience.

I would have to agree. You should go to Ranger BN first. I am a little tired of 18xs who get their and don't know thier ass from a hole in the ground. There are good 18xs, but they are few. Guys who come from Ranger BN have a lot more experience, and they appreciate things more in group.

I would have to agree. You should go to Ranger BN first. I am a little tired of 18xs who get their and don't know thier ass from a hole in the ground. There are good 18xs, but they are few. Guys who come from Ranger BN have a lot more experience, and they appreciate things more in group.

Yeah, I've been hearing that quite a lot. I'm going to talk to my recruiter about getting the option 40 thanks for all the advice guys!

Well I got a 70 on my ASVAB, and am now talking to a recruiter. I'm just trying to figure out what I want to do as far as a MOS. I was thinking about doing something in the communications/intelligence or medical fields. Anyone have any suggestions?

Dude, really?
What exactly are you looking for? Do you want a SOF career or do you want to ride a desk? Nothing wrong with riding a desk but I thought you were thinking about SOF. Think long and hard about what your goals really are before you make any decisions... this moment will define the rest of your life.

11B with a Ranger option if you want to be a shooter, or you could take the medic option in Ranger Regiment. You will get to come to the 18D course if you choose that path, great training.
What is your GT score? Ask your recruiter, that will make a big difference in what you are qualified for.

Edit: Correction, SOCM not the 18D course.

Note from an ol' timer...

Blue,

I did exactly what a lot of these guys are telling you 23 years ago. I join on what the called at the time an "unassigned Ranger contract" and ended up in 3rd Bat. I went SF after we got back from JUST CAUSE and can tell you from experience that I was heads and tail above most of the other guys tactically and with fieldcraft.

The Intel and Medic stuff sounds cool, but let me tell you, you want to be an 11B in Battalion. You will get to do more and have a more well rounded experience from that position. DON'T take a support MOS up front...

Then when you go SF you can go 18D or eventually get 18F... If your MOS doesn't start with a "1" then you don't want it... and the only ones in the Rangers are "11" and "13" but you don't want to be a Forward Observer...

Best of luck!!! RLTW, De Oppresso Liber

Back