JTF2 Training

Around the 3:30 mark the narrator says that JTF2 is the only Canadian SOF unit. I didn't realize that this used to be the case. I did some digging on CANSOFCOM history and had no idea that some of the other components were as new as they are.

Around the 3:30 mark the narrator says that JTF2 is the only Canadian SOF unit. I didn't realize that this used to be the case. I did some digging on CANSOFCOM history and had no idea that some of the other components were as new as they are.

Very new, I was still in uniform... :-/:(:-/Some of the elements were already there but not 'officially' a SOF asset or were contained within JTF2 and among many conventional units.

still reading older threads as i hadnt been on much.great vid.i l have a song by a canuck band on my youtube cancer bats hail destroyer jtf2.some similar footage but i liked the narrative on your vid.quick question-wasnt jtf2 formed almost right after our airborne were disbanded.do you know the timeframe on that.

still reading older threads as i hadnt been on much.great vid.i l have a song by a canuck band on my youtube cancer bats hail destroyer jtf2.some similar footage but i liked the narrative on your vid.quick question-wasnt jtf2 formed almost right after our airborne were disbanded.do you know the timeframe on that. This was a question, right?

Moderator hat on. I am the king of typos here, but I think you've me beat. If you read through posts, you will find that members pay attention to proper english usage. Things like upper case when called for, you missed every one. Proper spacing when begining a new sentence. Using a cell phone for thread entries is not an excuse. Time to clean things up to give us, and you, a more professional look.

Apologies to you or anyone else.

So here we go. Still reading older threads as I havent been on much. Great vid-or should I say video and not use slang. I realize I am not using a question mark-can not see the symbols and accents on the small screen. Anyway just wondered Rack if you knew the timeframe from when our Airborne were disbanded and when JTF2 formed. Again-insert question mark as I cant see the fucking thing. Any better or not Red Flag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderator hat on. I am the king of typos here, but I think you've me beat. If you read through posts, you will find that members pay attention to proper english usage. Things like upper case when called for, you missed every one. Proper spacing when begining a new sentence. Using a cell phone for thread entries is not an excuse. Time to clean things up to give us, and you, a more professional look.

Ooo, ooo, ooo
(in my best Horshack voice)
Excuse me Mr Moderator (you thought I was going to say Mr Kotta)
She's Canadian, so her English is more proper than our English 'cause she's Canadian, and they are still part of England, which makes her English more proper.:p
Just saying.......:troll:

@metalmom it was created before the CAR disbandment. In 1992 the government moved to disband the RCMP SERT and form a counter terrorism organization in the military; more potential recruits. In 1993 JTF2 was created with troops from CAR and PPCLI.

@metalmom it was created before the CAR disbandment. In 1992 the government moved to disband the RCMP SERT and form a counter terrorism organization in the military; more potential recruits. In 1993 JTF2 was created with troops from CAR and PPCLI.
Thanks. I thought some of the CAR were moved over there. Wasnt quite positive.Thanks for clearing that up.

Back