Justice Scalia Passes Away

President Obama will not be attending Justice Scalia's funeral
Obama to skip Scalia's funeral

The article notes that the President and First Lady will pay their respects at the Supreme Court while the late justice is in repose, but I think that this is one funeral he really should attend.

I agree it's something he should attend.
But I wonder if maybe he was specifically uninvited by Scalia's family... Either way it doesn't make Obama look good.

ZM

I agree it's something he should attend.
But I wonder if maybe he was specifically uninvited by Scalia's family... Either way it doesn't make Obama look good.

ZM
That's what I was thinking. There was a quote in the article that kinda hinted that at:

In spite of the criticism, people close to the Scalia family said Obama was making the right choice. "I wouldn't have expected President Obama to attend the funeral Mass, and I see no reason to fault him for not attending," said Ed Whelan, a former Scalia clerk who now heads the Ethics and Public Policy Center. "The ceremony at the Supreme Court seems the most apt opportunity for the president to pay his respects, but he obviously might have severe competing demands on his time."

Read more: Obama to skip Scalia's funeral

Chris Hayes calling out the president? Wow.

Re: @Deathy McDeath above. I see what they are saying and if the family genuinely doesn't have a beef, I get that. Once again though the president or his staff botches the communication regarding his decision. Instead of "I'm not going" it should be "After speaking to the family and listening to their concerns I've decided to...." This is an incredibly bone-headed move by the president and his staff. Given the hits he's taken over 7 years you'd think SOMEONE would know better by now so they are either clueless or arrogant. Clownshoes.

Chris Hayes though...that's some good stuff right there.

Obama answers to no one, and could give a shit about what any one thinks. He is an island with on one else on it. Make no mistake, he holds his own council, and he does care deeply about himself; nothing else is important to him.

My $.02 on the POTUS after Bush.

POTUS will not attend Scalia's funeral because his security detail is too big? So VPOTUS is going?

I'm not an expert but my experience was the security was similar but the difference was commo package.

I wish I believed in a god, in order that I could pray for the death of that cunt Al Sharpton.

POTUS will not attend Scalia's funeral because his security detail is too big? So VPOTUS is going?

I'm not an expert but my experience was the security was similar but the difference was commo package.

That is simply another excuse rather than just manning up and saying he doesn't want to go.

That is simply another excuse rather than just manning up and saying he doesn't want to go.

An absolutely bullshit, ridiculous excuse!

Back