Las Vegas Shooting

The concert was the Route 91 Harvest Festival. There were many country singers there to perform. Jason Aldean may have been onstage at the time but it wasn't his concert. This festival lasts for several days every year.
The shooter lived in a 55+ community in Mesquite. Sun City Mesquite is the most likely.
The Mesquite police have no record of any contact with him, ever. Not so much as a traffic stop or parking ticket.
The mood here is bad. Airport was shut down. No flights in or out. I'm sure they'll open it asap.

At this point in the game, unless the FBI comes out and says so, I think it is premature to speculate about formal terrorist ties.

That said, I also think it is normal to look for those ties, and maybe even 'hope' that those connections turn out to be true. I believe as humans, we try hard to rationalize terrible things. What happened was horrific, but is it more or less horrible if it turns out the guy was trained and put into place by some Islamic terrorist group?

I am glad to hear from you girl, and that you are all right!

Are they using the airport for evacuation of injured?
There is precious little moving at McCarran right now. I work across the street.
Seems like everyone is checking on each other right now. Friends of friends shot. That sort of thing. Cabbagehead is in town but did not get tickets so he and his HH6 are OK.
There were over 200,000 at the festival. Over 500 injured. 58 dead as of this time. No one is even cracking a smile here.

Just saw one flight land. Thats a good thing.

Last edited:
The worst part about this all of these Media people reminding us that Country Music Fans probably voted for Trump.

Is that really the worst part about this? I doubt that is true.

Also, Hillary and the Left on their tweetathon about gun control.

To add - the event is not even 24 hours old yet, and inserting comments about political motives and gun control take away from the comfort or discussion some might get from reading this thread.

Last edited:
Back