Let's see that shooter

Well this certainly escalated.

Honestly for every Glock fan argumentative person I've ran onto, I treat them like I do with James Yeager; in one ear, out the next ear, and exit out or keep scrolling by.

I do the same for fallacy arguments too. As soon as I hear the appeals to authority, I revert back to my response for the James Yeager types.

Besides, in all honesty because facts matter more than emotionally attached previous investments to a personal choice for a tool, the reality is that software repetitive training matters more than hardware because as this video shows, nothing is infallible and training trumps your favorite brand and design of derp:

FWIW, uLtRa rElIaBlE just jammed, because narratives based on feelings are fake and physics are real. Training>hardware.

I'm no relevant person myself, but I do know that a Cottonwood PD SGT's issued G22 jammed while fighting for his life and aftermarket parts were found to be the fault for it, so that tosses out the aftermarket argument. Plus I like keeping my EDC's stock because changing things have and will cause stoppages as said earlier from a real world incident. And replacement parts are mute. I've had to replace a VP9 recoil rod and spring because after 30+ rounds sent, it was well over it's service life. HK sent replacements on their dime. Score! I've had a 1911 ejector that was a MIM POS and once I got a Wilson tool steel replacement, it's been good to go. I've had a G22 and a G20 frame crack, tell me, which shop locally carries spare frames?? It was no different than calling the other companies as all had to have parts sent by mail or mailed to them as the case was for Glock.

Now I'm not bashing Glock, it's a good design when they do run, but it isn't anything better than and in some cases, second rate to other designs. But let's be honest here, there's no money being saved EVER. A G19 gen 5 was selling for $619 locally when I went in to look at M&P 2.0 Compacts in 9 that were $459. That's hardly saving any money at all and if the prices were reversed, that is still not enough to buy quality ammo, mags, quality holsters, etc., and be good to go. Not even close to being correct or factual.

And if one is using a P228 to compare against a Glock 19, then they're deliberately not being fair. Put it up against another striker like an M&P 2.0 because things will be so much even on playing fields, from trigger, bore height, to the magazine capacity as anything else is being shamefully dishonest. Stock trigger against stock trigger, grip angles to vary with, etc.

Oh, and I have yet to see a guy with a "cheap" factory Glock out shoot a too cool for school expensive CZ Shadow in any 2 gun competition that I've been in. Even the LAV agrees on what's dominating, and he's a Glock fan last I knew.

Glocks aren't trash, but they're not the end all be all either. I think we should focus on that last aspect and push training more than hardware, something that this former SF and CIA contractor mentors us about it

And Kyle Lamb has been spotted more than once using a P320 in classes or as an EDC. Hm...

Off topic, but great immediate action executed by that officer under stress.

Anyone have experience with the Sig 365 or 365XL? I’m looking for a carry gun that isn’t a Glock and I’m hearing good things about Sig’s offerings.

Switch from a Glock g43 to the sig p365 for my "warm weather" carry gun. Both are excellent shooters but I prefer the trigger, sights, and feel of the p365.

I have fired various pistols but one that has really surprised me has been a Canick TP9v2. It was right on right out of the box and fired on the "Xs". I had bought it because of the price. Have put a lot of rounds down range now through it to see what it would take and thus far no problems. Sometimes a no name brand does great.

Gonna disagree with you on your last bit, but not looking to have an argument over it. Just stating the facts. I own several top brand pistols, I've competed and EDC'ed, and reviewed many of them. Glock has always been a cut above when compared in all areas. 1911 guys (I am one) will argue, Sig guys (I own several) will argue, HK guys (stroking an USP 9mm as I type this) will argue. Its always the same, oh I like this, or this is better for me, etc. If I take 2 novice shooters, take a G19 and Sig 228 out the box, the G19 will out perform the Sig 228 novice within 250 rds. I've actually proven that about 6-7 years ago. And still had an argument with a bunch of so called internet "experts" on the facts...

That all said, my completely irrelevant opinion and advice, save your money and buy a Glock. You can buy cheaper accessories, easier to find, more available, replacement parts are normally at your local shop, and with all that money you save, you can invest in ammo and learn to run that pistol like a scolded hound, vs being the too cool for school guy owner who gets out shot by dudes like me with a $400 plastic gun.🤣View attachment 34947

ETA: picture of me about 10 years ago with my G22...🙄
Love a HK USP 9mm Compact. Just can't justify the extra 500 over my Glock 19.

So I decided the best way to get an offset back up type was by going the direction of buying a Trijicon RMR Type 2 with 6.5 MOA. The reason for choosing 6.5 MOA was that it would be easier to see in an emergency up close encounter in tandem with an LPVO that's already fulled zoomed out. Mount ordered with is the Reptilia Corp ROF-SAR 30mm for the RMR series.

Apparently it's being issued too. I did not know that at all. ROF-SAR 30MM FOR TRIJICON RMR - Reptilia

I guess I am old school because I do not like a scope on a weapon. I only have a scope on the rifle I use to hunt with. My background is jungle warfare and running recon missions. A scope keeps you from seeing what is close in. When I went to the range at LeJeune, a few years back, all weapons to include the machineguns had scopes. When in a fire fight I want to see what is around me in my peripheral vision. You can't with a scope.

I guess I am old school because I do not like a scope on a weapon. I only have a scope on the rifle I use to hunt with. My background is jungle warfare and running recon missions. A scope keeps you from seeing what is close in. When I went to the range at LeJeune, a few years back, all weapons to include the machineguns had scopes. When in a fire fight I want to see what is around me in my peripheral vision. You can't with a scope.

LVPOs have become popular. I have a 1-4, and it does take some practice, though I prefer a RDS. Optics are also popular on SPRs, recce-style, and SAM-R/DMR rifles.

I can understand in the civilian world that individuals like to dress up their weapons but when it comes to the bush and jungles what good are optics? I understand those that went to Afghanistan and Iraq did mostly desert or mountain warfare and optics may have been helpful. Those of us that have fought in jungles and heavily forested mountains saw no need of them. Question for those that went through the swamp phase of the Ranger Course. Would optics have helped in a fire fight?

I can understand in the civilian world that individuals like to dress up their weapons but when it comes to the bush and jungles what good are optics? I understand those that went to Afghanistan and Iraq did mostly desert or mountain warfare and optics may have been helpful. Those of us that have fought in jungles and heavily forested mountains saw no need of them. Question for those that went through the swamp phase of the Ranger Course. Would optics have helped in a fire fight?

On the whole, I agree. I've been in the jungle as well, visibility 3 yd or less, and a RDS is pretty much all you need. There's still an opportunity though in that setting for a DMR, and you'd want some sort of optic on that.

Aside from specialty units you don't see LVPOs in large volume in the military, and with the units that do use them there is quite a deal of modularity to fit the environment.

I don't live in the jungles and while true I am a civilian again, but I actually did serve and deployed to combat zones where sometimes shooting things wasn't a question but an answer to our survival really, and I live in Arizona where we are anywhere from urban, desert, or pines.

With the limited trigger time, one of the lessons learned that when taking fire from another valley, it helps to be able to properly identify and doing your part to neutralizing a threat, and sometimes things can come at you while at max zoom and a red dot is faster and easier to use than iron sights, especially at night and even in day time while under stress; Most certainly not dressing up, because function over form is very real.

But eh, whatever. The best lesson learned actually was understanding that the battle space will not always be the same and that we cannot stay complacent with technology, because Iraq was not Afghanistan, and the way they fight there is not how they fought in Iraq.

On the whole, I agree. I've been in the jungle as well, visibility 3 yd or less, and a RDS is pretty much all you need. There's still an opportunity though in that setting for a DMR, and you'd want some sort of optic on that.

Aside from specialty units you don't see LVPOs in large volume in the military, and with the units that do use them there is quite a deal of modularity to fit the environment.
RDS is an optic.
I think the whole push behind the current family of optics is to get one that's good for close in and long range shooting. That way you only need one optic for everything (good luck on that).

RDS is an optic.
I think the whole push behind the current family of optics is to get one that's good for close in and long range shooting. That way you only need one optic for everything (good luck on that).

Personally, I don't consider RDS a true optic since it's 1x, more of a shooting "aid", but yeah it is an optic.

My silly half rant.

My view on ghetto fabulous survival. What two guns to carry and why.

Not including your Glock 19 A simple AR-15 in 5.56 and a MP5 in 9mm or clone slung on your back. Why? Because those two calibers will be everywhere and rifle beats pistol all day (Unless you play Call of Duty).

IMG_0118[1].JPG

I will also be carrying a 44 magnum handgun for special occasions.
:pop2:

Nice setup! Basic, light and, effective. Great urban survival pieces. Along with the cannon for that special someone. Lol

As an aside. Most safety nazi’s will probably frown on the unsafe display of a loaded firearm. Really should have the safety on. The mag is loaded.

You just know someone had to....

1599663558675.png

My silly half rant.

My view on ghetto fabulous survival. What two guns to carry and why.

Not including your Glock 19 A simple AR-15 in 5.56 and a MP5 in 9mm or clone slung on your back. Why? Because those two calibers will be everywhere and rifle beats pistol all day (Unless you play Call of Duty).

IMG_0118[1].JPG

I will also be carrying a 44 magnum handgun for special occasions.
:pop2:
I like how everyone assumes we all carry a Glock 19, lol.

Back