Let's see that shooter

I have a feeling that I'm just going to one day have the courage to go down to a shop, have them take off the FSB to that SBR of mine, put on some Geissele FF in mlok, and call it quits. Modernization to get that real estate is actually important.

Thank you DZ, for that all important lesson of out of the box thinking.

@The Quartermaster not gonna quibble Brother. Lotso different versions of the same rear and front sights out there, especially MBUS.

I was building lowers from scratch a few years ago and rattle canning the the finishing touches. That gun was my 1st and was gone by 2010.

If you mount an MBUS b.a.c.k.w.a.r.d.s.....it ......just.......loooooks....oooookwards...and you look fukn stupit as well, and that ain't me.

Different versions of the same sight ~~~~> Google has your answers about MAGPUL Gen I and II 2009 ad naseum.....

Attachments

• MBUS-PRO.JPG
    MBUS-PRO.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 13
  • MBUS-PRO-1.JPG
    MBUS-PRO-1.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 13
My current EDC. Have a 2 banger mag holster as well. If I need more than 25 230 gr. Hydra-Shoks. Then I’m really somewhere I’d probably rather not be in the first place.

Looks like me and the inside of my truck and glad I'm in NC.
Looks like my battlewagon, nicely covered up with a towel or two but ready if I get stopped involuntarily in traffic by........some.......people I don't know....that aren't police and don't have authorization to stop traffic. I'll leave it at that.

So here is the finalized version of this weapon. This is carbine numero uno. View attachment 34462View attachment 34463View attachment 34464View attachment 34465
Changed the furniture for two reasons. First one being grip angle. My wrists have taken a beating. I was a sheet metal worker for quite awhile.
Secondly, I don’t carry any more weight than absolutely necessary. So I swapped out the SOPMOD stock for the lighter version without battery compartments. Also like the coyote brown furniture.
Swapped lights for the HSP WML from Inforce. I like the simplicity.
Finally, I installed the Geissele Maritime bolt catch.
Thus finally making, for me anyway, the ideal medium range carbine. Lightweight, accurate as shit. As well as being ambidextrous and, bombproof.
Now, if all goes the way it should. I will proceed to use the shit out of it. In preparation for whatever may come to our town.
Those Inforce lights are slicker than snot on a door knob. Nice build.

Anyone have experience with the Sig 365 or 365XL? I’m looking for a carry gun that isn’t a Glock and I’m hearing good things about Sig’s offerings.

Anyone have experience with the Sig 365 or 365XL? I’m looking for a carry gun that isn’t a Glock and I’m hearing good things about Sig’s offerings.
I don't have either of those models; I'm old school and not a striker-fire guy.

However, I'm a big fan of Sigs. I love my P229 so much that I sold my HK P2000 simply because I just wasn't shooting it anymore, even though it was the most reliable pistol I've ever owned - many years and thousands of rounds, never an issue, stovepipe, etc. The Sig is nearly on par with that and I shoot it better. In addition, I liked the thought Sig put into the build of the P229, it was designed to handle the recoil of a .40, which is what I shoot.

So, not the models you're specifically looking at but if my experience with Sig is any indication, I'd wouldn't have any concerns. Opinion worth the price paid. 😊

I don't have either of those models; I'm old school and not a striker-fire guy.

However, I'm a big fan of Sigs. I love my P229 so much that I sold my HK P2000 simply because I just wasn't shooting it anymore, even though it was the most reliable pistol I've ever owned - many years and thousands of rounds, never an issue, stovepipe, etc. The Sig is nearly on par with that and I shoot it better. In addition, I liked the thought Sig put into the build of the P229, it was designed to handle the recoil of a .40, which is what I shoot.

So, not the models you're specifically looking at but if my experience with Sig is any indication, I'd wouldn't have any concerns. Opinion worth the price paid. 😊

I had SIGs for many years...P220, P225, P226, and (my fave!) the P239 (in 9mm and .40 cal). I sold them all and went all-Glock for uniformity. But I absolutely love them.

@Salt USMC I have a P320 and P320 compact but not the two models you are looking at. My impressions are the triggers are better than the G19/17 by a mile but most people replace the triggers and sights on a Glock anyways (myself included). I feel like the quality of the guns are great, if you do your part they will do theirs every single time. I've had no issues with ammo or malfunctions, although my series was part of the "hand grenade Sig" set.

Sig is a fine weapon, HK, Beretta, etc, etc...

Just about anything you buy over the counter will out shoot you and function. I've put them all through their paces, I will always be a Glock guy, simply because it's cheap, function and has comparable accuracy. It's kinda of a Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge conversation. Someone will tell you Toyota is better...

There is a reason why every serious organization, spec ops, LE, PMC, etc, uses GLOCK. And I will drop the mic and walk away now!🤘

Sig is a fine weapon, HK, Beretta, etc, etc...

Just about anything you buy over the counter will out shoot you and function. I've put them all through their paces, I will always be a Glock guy, simply because it's cheap, function and has comparable accuracy. It's kinda of a Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge conversation. Someone will tell you Toyota is better...

There is a reason why every serious organization, spec ops, LE, PMC, etc, uses GLOCK. And I will drop the mic and walk away now!🤘

Now I run all Glock. I like uniformity, and I don't collect anymore, now it's all functional.

But we all know the reason everyone uses Glock is the $200 unit price (or whatever it is now). Of course along with the incredible reliability and quality. But most places buy turds if they were half the cost of the other guy.

Now I run all Glock. I like uniformity, and I don't collect anymore, now it's all functional.

But we all know the reason everyone uses Glock is the $200 unit price (or whatever it is now). Of course along with the incredible reliability and quality. But most places buy turds if they were half the cost of the other guy.

Gonna disagree with you on your last bit, but not looking to have an argument over it. Just stating the facts. I own several top brand pistols, I've competed and EDC'ed, and reviewed many of them. Glock has always been a cut above when compared in all areas. 1911 guys (I am one) will argue, Sig guys (I own several) will argue, HK guys (stroking an USP 9mm as I type this) will argue. Its always the same, oh I like this, or this is better for me, etc. If I take 2 novice shooters, take a G19 and Sig 228 out the box, the G19 will out perform the Sig 228 novice within 250 rds. I've actually proven that about 6-7 years ago. And still had an argument with a bunch of so called internet "experts" on the facts...

That all said, my completely irrelevant opinion and advice, save your money and buy a Glock. You can buy cheaper accessories, easier to find, more available, replacement parts are normally at your local shop, and with all that money you save, you can invest in ammo and learn to run that pistol like a scolded hound, vs being the too cool for school guy owner who gets out shot by dudes like me with a $400 plastic gun.🤣FB_IMG_1595375589036.jpg

ETA: picture of me about 10 years ago with my G22...🙄

Well this certainly escalated.

Honestly for every Glock fan argumentative person I've ran onto, I treat them like I do with James Yeager; in one ear, out the next ear, and exit out or keep scrolling by.

I do the same for fallacy arguments too. As soon as I hear the appeals to authority, I revert back to my response for the James Yeager types.

Besides, in all honesty because facts matter more than emotionally attached previous investments to a personal choice for a tool, the reality is that software repetitive training matters more than hardware because as this video shows, nothing is infallible and training trumps your favorite brand and design of derp:

FWIW, uLtRa rElIaBlE just jammed, because narratives based on feelings are fake and physics are real. Training>hardware.

I'm no relevant person myself, but I do know that a Cottonwood PD SGT's issued G22 jammed while fighting for his life and aftermarket parts were found to be the fault for it, so that tosses out the aftermarket argument. Plus I like keeping my EDC's stock because changing things have and will cause stoppages as said earlier from a real world incident. And replacement parts are mute. I've had to replace a VP9 recoil rod and spring because after 30+ rounds sent, it was well over it's service life. HK sent replacements on their dime. Score! I've had a 1911 ejector that was a MIM POS and once I got a Wilson tool steel replacement, it's been good to go. I've had a G22 and a G20 frame crack, tell me, which shop locally carries spare frames?? It was no different than calling the other companies as all had to have parts sent by mail or mailed to them as the case was for Glock.

Now I'm not bashing Glock, it's a good design when they do run, but it isn't anything better than and in some cases, second rate to other designs. But let's be honest here, there's no money being saved EVER. A G19 gen 5 was selling for $619 locally when I went in to look at M&P 2.0 Compacts in 9 that were $459. That's hardly saving any money at all and if the prices were reversed, that is still not enough to buy quality ammo, mags, quality holsters, etc., and be good to go. Not even close to being correct or factual.

And if one is using a P228 to compare against a Glock 19, then they're deliberately not being fair. Put it up against another striker like an M&P 2.0 because things will be so much even on playing fields, from trigger, bore height, to the magazine capacity as anything else is being shamefully dishonest. Stock trigger against stock trigger, grip angles to vary with, etc.

Oh, and I have yet to see a guy with a "cheap" factory Glock out shoot a too cool for school expensive CZ Shadow in any 2 gun competition that I've been in. Even the LAV agrees on what's dominating, and he's a Glock fan last I knew.

Glocks aren't trash, but they're not the end all be all either. I think we should focus on that last aspect and push training more than hardware, something that this former SF and CIA contractor mentors us about it

And Kyle Lamb has been spotted more than once using a P320 in classes or as an EDC. Hm...

Last edited:
Back