Let's see that shooter

On today’s installment of “A Stroll Downtown” with your host, Downtown “Funky Stuff” Malone🍆 we have a Colt Military Collectable. M4 clone 14.5 pinned and welded, thanks ATF. Plan is to put this and the M18 in a professionally laser cut Pelican. Like a shadow box to commentate the switch to the M18 and a gift to me to thank me for my service😎 I can’t decide if it needs and ACOG or an Aimpoint Comp4. Which would be more correct?View attachment 40395View attachment 40396View attachment 40397
Comp M4, from what I kinda know about such things.

So I'm tracking that my AR is on the way and is being registered with the FFL. Hopefully by Monday we can get everything finalized.

Probably also going to pick up an M17 for practice as well soon. Thanks so much for everyone's help and advice when it comes to it. Now to get some range time and dry firing practice.

Went down the rabbit hole a little on the tactical musket and ran into this....

View attachment 40721

I don't know anything about the guy in the video, but the rifle seems to be a neat little package.

Saw that garand thumb had a vid on them too....had no idea about making a lever action tactical.

I've been thinking about doing a similar build as a bush hunting gun.

I think that I need a rail riser, but all of ADM's R height is OOS, meanwhile Larue I am undecided on.

eALfuir.jpg

So I'm trying a different and newer way to offset a back up red dot sight. Instead of the traditional offset or the piggyback, I'm using the Parallel Mount, ACOG from Forward Controls Design. There will be an LPVO version.

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/pma-parallel-mount-acog.html

I've tried it with the TA31, wasn't a fan of the side shadow in the FOV from it. But it's definitely faster than the piggybacked RMR up top as a secondary.

YyRTZiJ.jpg

However, I tried it out with an XSP2, and I kind of like it there. The riser is a placeholder until I can get gun money to buy the Unity FAST Eotech riser and FAST Omni magnifier FTC mount.

It really is faster than an offset or piggybacked red dot, or any BUIS offset or traditional placement.

EeIRn0R.jpg

So I'm trying a different and newer way to offset a back up red dot sight. Instead of the traditional offset or the piggyback, I'm using the Parallel Mount, ACOG from Forward Controls Design. There will be an LPVO version.

https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/pma-parallel-mount-acog.html

I've tried it with the TA31, wasn't a fan of the side shadow in the FOV from it. But it's definitely faster than the piggybacked RMR up top as a secondary.

YyRTZiJ.jpg

However, I tried it out with an XSP2, and I kind of like it there. The riser is a placeholder until I can get gun money to buy the Unity FAST Eotech riser and FAST Omni magnifier FTC mount.

It really is faster than an offset or piggybacked red dot, or any BUIS offset or traditional placement.

EeIRn0R.jpg
As to the issue of speed of acquisition. Of the secondary sighting system. This setup is hard to beat. As the high riser has a rear sight in it. I removed the worthless front sight. That was in the mount, only 1.25" sight radius. ther is a fixed Troy out front. A5798CD1-0930-4AE8-A498-FD6B9C48BA95.jpeg552F5C0A-1796-4592-88D2-8AEF8C282FBD.jpeg
I had thought long and, hard about getting an LPVO. However, in the area where I am. The 3x FTS magnifier works great. For the distances I may need to shoot this particular weapon.
Gotta admit it is funny looking at two RDS. Sitting as they do in that configuration. But, hey who says that a BUS. Cannot be a redundancy of the primary.
Very nice weapons by the way👍

Back