Let's see that shooter

As to the issue of speed of acquisition. Of the secondary sighting system. This setup is hard to beat. As the high riser has a rear sight in it. I removed the worthless front sight. That was in the mount, only 1.25" sight radius. ther is a fixed Troy out front. View attachment 41019View attachment 41020
I had thought long and, hard about getting an LPVO. However, in the area where I am. The 3x FTS magnifier works great. For the distances I may need to shoot this particular weapon.
Gotta admit it is funny looking at two RDS. Sitting as they do in that configuration. But, hey who says that a BUS. Cannot be a redundancy of the primary.
Very nice weapons by the way👍
I was able to sight that rifle in today and with both dots. I did the H1 on the PMA at 100 yards and the XPS2 on the ADM riser at 50 yards. I'm now in disagreement that the Unity irons is the best way nor the fastest as I had a friend's son, age 15 use it. He was able to make hits using both sights at both the 100 and 200 yard ten inch gongs with zero issues.

If your case use involves night vision passive aiming, then the FCD PMA won't be for you and would be better suited using either an ACOG or an LPVO with a piggybacked NVG capable dot, or just a night vision height red dot mount like the Unity.

This is better way to have a secondary, faster to use than fixed or BUIS irons at either traditional or offset placements, and faster to transition to than any offset back up red dots. This wasn't meant to replace Unity mounts for those wanting an NVG height passive red dot. Gotta have an open mind though, to get it.

I was able to sight that rifle in today and with both dots. I did the H1 on the PMA at 100 yards and the XPS2 on the ADM riser at 50 yards. I'm now in disagreement that the Unity irons is the best way nor the fastest as I had a friend's son, age 15 use it. He was able to make hits using both sights at both the 100 and 200 yard ten inch gongs with zero issues.

If your case use involves night vision passive aiming, then the FCD PMA won't be for you and would be better suited using either an ACOG or an LPVO with a piggybacked NVG capable dot, or just a night vision height red dot mount like the Unity.

This is better way to have a secondary, faster to use than fixed or BUIS irons at either traditional or offset placements, and faster to transition to than any offset back up red dots. This wasn't meant to replace Unity mounts for those wanting an NVG height passive red dot. Gotta have an open mind though, to get it.
If it is faster for you then that is all that matters. Not saying that I wouldn't try it.
Yes, I use NV.

Edited to add. The unity mount works better for me. Because my neck is fused from C3-7. I Should have mentioned that to begin with.

Century AP5. Picked this up a few weeks back when the price came down under $1k. After breaking it in a little it shoots great. Now I just need my form 1 to come back!
9mm? I think we have something like that in the arms room in .45, but I've never shot it. Yours is a great looking gun!

Keeping my fingers crossed but it might just be Christmas in April for me. Ordered this kit and it arrived yesterday:
View attachment 39417

I'm excited to throw it together and see how it works. Will try to check it out tomorrow.

Aside from Mantis' marketing materials, I don't know much about it; don't know anyone that's used it. Without recoil, usefulness may be limited but we'll see. I'm obviously intrigued enough to give it a try. Anyone here used this or any other Mantis products?
How have things been for you with this?

Back