Lifting/Workout Music

rhanzlikusaf

Unverified
I'm finally back in the gym after moving and getting into the rhythm of a new job. I'm making a lifting playlist, what are your go to pump up songs for the gym?

This is my lifting/sprints/busting ass and pushing for pr playlist (metal, rock, punk, etc.)

That's pretty cool how you posted your playlist on the forum. Thanks for sharing, some good music in there! At this point, I've played that damn Sabotage song and all of those System of A Down tunes so many times on my bike rides I find myself 'skipping' them from time to time.

Entire Megadeth discography
Entire Volbeat discography
Entire Delain discography

There are some others in there, but those three define the majority of what I listen to).

I'm a fan of Pandora, especially with some of the playlists that I've tuned over time. I find the random mix of old favorites and new hits makes my rowing sessions less monotonous, plus I can switch from rock to pop to jazz depending on what workout I'm doing.

I rotate songs through every several weeks to try and keep it somewhat fresh. It's mostly a rock mix (old and new) but I'm not afraid to through a pop tune in there every once and awhile. My current list (always shuffled) includes:

I Like it Heavy - Halestorm
Square Hammer - Ghost
Novacaine - 10 Years
Push - Thousand Foot Crutch
Face to the Floor - Chevelle
Gold on the Ceiling - The Black Keys
Are You Ready for Me? - The Unknown
Black Cadillac - Shinedown
Believer - Imagine Dragons
Feels - Calvin Harris
The Light - Disturbed
Apocalyptic - Halestorm
Lifeline - Thousand Foot Crutch
Rock and Roll Train - AC/DC

and pretty much any Nickelback! :p

Last edited:
Mike and Mike on ESPN radio in the garage at home or work. When on the road the earbuds go in and I hit shuffle. Then it's anything from Blood for Blood to Merle Haggard. I could work out in silence if it weren't for the tinnitus.

I don't have tinnitus, but in the parlance of our time, some of my other shit's fucked up, so recordings of natural sounds help me sleep or work/research. Not white noise,mind, but rain sounds in particular.
To work out, I prefer recorded screams.

I definitely suggest Vince Staples, Schoolboy Q, and Maxo Kream if you like rap.
Listen to the black hippies, " Kendrick, Schoolboy Q, Ab Soul, and jay rock." Especilly lifting in public gyms while chewing gum, you become one cocky mf'er, in a good way.

Back