Lifting/Workout Music

Some of my recs for modern hip-hop workout songs:

Vince Staples - Señorita, Norf Norf, Street Punks, Blue Suede, Hands Up, Pimp Hand, Big Fish

Schoolboy Q - That Part, By Any Means, Hands on the Wheel, Groovy Tony, Yay Yay, Collard Greens

Maxo Kream - 5200, Grannies, Paranoia, Thirteen, Hit Mane, Talkin' S**t

A$AP Ferg - Plain Jane, Mattress, Work REMIX

YG - Still Brazy, Twist My Fingaz, Don't Come to LA, Really Be, Bickin Back Bein' Bool

Logic - Gang Related, Alright, Now, Young Jesus, Flexicution

While lifting I typically do the same as most of you with the heavier rock: Metallica, Bullet for my Valentine, Atreyu, A Day To Remember, etc. But if running, I try to go for podcasts. Takes my mind off the road, keeps the mental juices flowing and I find that if I run to music, it messes up my pace. I sync my footsteps to the beat so unless Im listening to something with a very high BPM, I run too slow.

I realized that I had left a huge part of my lifting playlist off by forgetting to mention Throwdown. Great band.

A different perspective you may consider from my recent experience:

I had kept an extensive playlist ranging from the golden ages of rock to classical (like actual Mozart), back to 90s rap and over to EDM. Pop/Chic favorites may or may not have held up some of my storage space. I blame that bit on deployments: our Ops Chief & Ops O mandated Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Selena Gomez, Kesha and Miley Cyrus be played full-throttle during product development (that shit became an actual policy).

Returning to my point, I had noticed what anyone would notice playing music - it aided my workouts. My body would respond (or my pace) and it was all good until I realized how loud I was blasting that shit into my head and - without music - there was a dip in performance or motivation to lift/run/whatever.

I'm weird as fuck and I'll always be weird as fuck, so like the weird fuck that I am of course I dropped Spotify, Pandora, and all music right off of my media straight up bi-polar-bear style once it all resonated with me mentally. It took a while to get acclimated afterward; I'm lifting well, I'm not deafening myself and my morning runs are very peaceful.

Just food for thought, I'm not donating my birthday on Facebook to a charity that supports banning music or anything - bet your ass I still jam out to satellite radio in the car even though that Zyppah prick is more annoying than ever.

This thread hasn't been too active, but I've gotten into Freddie Gibbs lately and Maxo Kream just dropped a new project so I've been rotating them pretty constantly.

Best songs IMO:

Freddie Gibbs:
- Freddie Gordy
- Murda on My Mind
- One Eighty Seven
- Thuggin
- BFK
- Amnesia
- Knicks

Maxo:
- Beyonce Interlude
- Hobbies
- Roaches
- Pop Another

Mike and Mike on ESPN radio in the garage at home or work. When on the road the earbuds go in and I hit shuffle. Then it's anything from Blood for Blood to Merle Haggard. I could work out in silence if it weren't for the tinnitus.
I use to listen to mike and mike, do you like the Dan Patrick show at all?

Found this gem for all you heavy pipe hitters.......

This should make your day :ROFLMAO:

entertainment101.gif

Last edited:
Back