Lone Survivor the Movie

The eerie part was after the movie was over, there was no clapping or even talking just the silence of people walking out. To me that said a lot as I feel people got on a very very small scope kind of what they dealt with and that is even saying a lot.

I went and saw it Christmas day in Hollywood before it was released nationally. At the end when the memorial credits started rolling there was a standing ovation. Shit was intense, and only time I have experienced that in a movie theater. Especially in Hollywood, I was surprised.

Don't have high expectations if you expect the true story to be told. The battle scene is great, it's emotional, but ultimately they fucked the truth up.

As was said earlier, some fictional parts were added, but in the grand scheme of the film it was minimal, and the desired end state was achieved. I say job well done. Just my opinion.

As was said earlier, some fictional parts were added, but in the grand scheme of the film it was minimal, and the desired end state was achieved. I say job well done. Just my opinion.

Yup, in your opinion, not mine.

I just tell people to read the book. I kept trying to explain the differences but it is/was never ending. IMO it sucks that they twisted it to make it more "hollywood".

If I may, care to elaborate? I'd say the "true story" as we know it was pretty much told. It seems as though you're suggesting the entire movie was fiction.

No I don't, read this thread. You'd be wrong. No I am not.

I just tell people to read the book. I kept trying to explain the differences but it is/was never ending. IMO it sucks that they twisted it to make it more "hollywood".

Agreed.

Back